Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Favorite Movie Quotes, and the Quoters Who Quote Them

What are some of your favorite movie quotes (mine are mostly from Office Space)?

Is there a film in particular that you find yourself constantly referencing (like Caddyshack)?

Do you and a friend or family member always reference the same film to each other (my dad and I always quote Pink Panther films)?

Share the best lines from the best films in your life. Non-Star Wars preferred....

Here's a few of mine....

*One of my favorite lines when I'm having a crappy day, "so I've got that going for me, which is nice." Caddyshack

*One of my favorite lines to use in our office, "I believe you have my stappler." Office Space

*Anytime my pants are too tight, "We've got armadillos in our trousers." Spinal Tap
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

O Brother, Where Art Thou:
    "Damn! We're in a tight spot!"
    "He's a suitor!"

Mystery Men:
    "You may want to put some shorts on if you'd like to continue fighting evil today."
    "If you can balance a tackhammer on your head, then you can head off your enemy with a well-balanced attack."
    "Aww, dang!"

The Princess Bride:
    Pretty much the entire movie
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Wayyyyyyy to many to list here but I'll give a few examples. Any or all of these can and are used reguardless of weather they are used in the same context as it was in the movie.

"Cross him off then." - From Major League
    "I don't know Lou, I got a go on the other line about some whitewalls." - Major League
    "Gambling is illegal at Bushwood and I never slice." - Caddyshack (although most of the entire movie is quoted on a regular basis)
    "I may have had one or two chardonay's... what of it?" - Big Daddy
    "Of course" - Blades of Glory
    "What the crikey f**k!?!?!" - Tropic Thunder

"Tina! Eat your ham!" - Napoleon Dynamite
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

This is something I tell to residents where I work who sometimes get discouraged about the fact that they are in there 90s, old, and probably nearing their last days.

Look at it this way,

"It's not the age, it's the mileage."-Raders of the Lost Ark

They don't know where Im quoting that from, but it always seems to chear them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    *One of my favorite lines when I'm having a crappy day, "so I've got that going for me, which is nice." Caddyshack
    And all you had to do was caddy for the Dali Lama.

I use Carl's "...like a glove!" in-voice a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroleptic View Post
    This is something I tell to residents where I work who sometimes get discouraged about the fact that they are in there 90s, old, and probably nearing their last days.

Look at it this way,

"It's not the age, it's the mileage."-Raders of the Lost Ark

They don't know where Im quoting that from, but it always seems to chear them up.
    It might help if you quoted it correctly: "It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage." (That way it's a car double-entendre).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

"Enough is enough!! I have had it with these mutha f*&kin snakes on this mutha f*&kin plane!!"-mace windu
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

"FOR-E-VAAAR"

Sandlot

Anohter good one from Major League - Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside - Uke
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

For those macho moments (can you name these films?)

I'm your huckelberry....

We r-r-r-ready c-c-colonel....

I'll be back....

The only thing to come from Texas is steers and queers....and you aint' no steer.