Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Fringe

It had ups and downs. When they jumped 15 years ahead, I thought, "Why does JJ. Abrams and Roberto Orci always play with time travel?" I was very disappointed the way they handled the "first people" revelation. For being as important as it was, it basically took a back seat to the story... and it was the story. What a cliffhanger they left though!
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I know... I wonder if that was done so that Joshua Jackson could start and finish filming UFO.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Spoilers!

>>Why is there two Broyles? I know alternate Broyles was killed. Is this possibly another universe?<<
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

We have to remember here that a lot of things have changed due to Peter never existing, some characters are back who were killed, some characters are being pulled in, histories have changed on both sides here.
    May the force be with you.

I missed the first ep of the season (have to go online and watch) but both Fringe groups are working together?

I'm really enjoying this season. Is this a third universe or is this the original universe that had changed after Peter was "erased" from this timeline?

I'm looking forward to the episode focusing on the Observers this week. It looks pretty intense in terms of the show's mythology.

LOVED last week's episode with the misdiagnosis of schizophrenia when the kid actually had a psychic connection to others with his genetic code. As usual, Astrid brought her big, warm, fuzzy compassion to the episode. I love Astrid. Love. Her.

I'm leaning more and more towards this being the original universe after Peter was erased. I think he desperately wants it to be a different universe because he doesn't want to believe that he's been erased.

I thoroughly enjoyed the ep where the alternative universe Astrid came over for a visit. Friday nite's ep is the last new one until April.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I'm really enjoying this season. Is this a third universe or is this the original universe that had changed after Peter was "erased" from this timeline?
    Kind of hard to say at this point what the plan is. The first three seasons dealt with two parallel/alternate universes. This season deals with a parallel/alternate timeline of those two parallel/alternate universes. Yet there hasn't really been a clear explanation as to what constitutes the difference between a parallel/alternate timeline and a parallel/alternate universe. So the way I see it they can go two different routes. Restore Peter's existence to the timeline, thus everything goes back to the way it was prior to Peter disappearance (memories, who is alive/dead, etc.). Or they can restore Peter and now have four worlds merged together to deal with.

Thus we could have four Walters (Walter, Alter Walter, Walternate, Alter Walternate), four Olivias (Olivia, Altlivia, Folivia, Altfoliva) and so on.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

One of the big things that leads me to think that there are only two universes at the moment is that there's only one crossover point as opposed to a second one going into the universe in which we first started.