Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Fringe

CBS Sundays SUCKS!!!

Error...nevermind.
    May the force be with you.

I'm not surprised Fox is trying to spin their ratings claim. What surprises me is why they bother to do damage control when they could have just done a better job of marketing the series in the first place (though, I didn't think it looked good enough to give a shot anyway). The ads don't say anything about it, and the billboards are ridiculously poor. And why they'd premiere a series when they were still fully entrenched in reruns is beyond me, it's like Fox is trying to kill it, then freaking out that it's being killed.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    And why they'd premiere a series when they were still fully entrenched in reruns is beyond me, it's like Fox is trying to kill it, then freaking out that it's being killed.
    I think the strategy is to start their series before everyone else so that people get hooked on their shows first. Prison Break, Bones and Terminator have all started already, and this is something they have been doing in years past. Also, I think repeating the show as they did gives people another chance to see it. That doesn't sound like trying to kill it.

Did anyone else watch the second episode?

I did, and thought it was pretty good. The show has definitely gained my interest.

The ending was something else. I couldn't exactly tell, but it looked like "Peter" was laying in the middle between those two guys, and the guy on the left looked like the guy who was rapidly aging. Not sure who the other guy was. They also had umbilical cords or something sticking up. Again, I'm not sure because it was only shown for a brief moment and pausing it didn't really do much good. Thoughts? Either way, I'm curious to see the details of Peter's medical history.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

This show is fantastic.

[FONT=Fixedsys]This show is fantastic--exactly like early X-Files. I can't wait to see where they're going.[/FONT]

[FONT=Fixedsys]And I'm calling it now--the Joshua Jackson character is a clone of the crazy scientist. . .the scientist only raised him as a son.[/FONT]
    I really should be working. Really.

Halfway thru the second ep. It definitely has a different tone than the first one.

I liked it alot. I love the father/son combo, they are the best part.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Walter has to be the one of the most -- if not the most -- original character on TV today. I like the fact that the episodes are one-shot storylines...so far.

I have a feeling Walter's old associate will show up again later this season.

I also couldn't make out that last shot in episode 2...were they all Peter? Was this Walter's dream or what? Hmmm? I hope John Noble is remembered next time during Emmy's, since they blatantly ignored Michael Emerson on Lost.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

They werent all Peter, they were different, I stopped my DR on that shot.

Tonight was great, Broyles in bed with Massive Dynamic? Maybe they are working together and against each other, who knows. Gets better each week.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten