Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Fringe

I missed last night. Was it any good?
    I really should be working. Really.

You can watch last night's episode (The Ghost Network) on FOX.com. They actually have the first 3 up for viewing. If you like the show I would definitely recommend you watch this past episode.

I thought last night's episode was pretty good. So far I'm really enjoying this show and it has serious potential.

I love Walter. He cracks me up.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Self medicating Walter, that part had me laughing hard.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I thought this past episode was awesome!!!

The Observer - love that guy. I liked how those events played out and then Walter's explanation to Peter about how he owed The Observer a favor and etc. Excellent stuff.

I just hope they run tests on that gun that guy was using. That thing was insane!!!

So far I am really enjoying this show.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I thought it was pretty good. It's nice that, like an early X-Files episode, you get some answers--just not to the questions you necessarily expected. I'm pleased we never learned exactly what the McGuffin was. . .I'd imagine it'll turn up again somewhere in the series.

According to zap2it.com, Fringe will be around the whole season, and more viewers are tuning in:

"FOX has ordered nine additional episodes of the freshman drama "Fringe," giving the series a full-season commitment."

"In its most recent airing on Tuesday, Sept. 30, "Fringe" averaged 10 million viewers and a 4.3 rating in the key 18-49 demo, both increases over the totals for the previous week."

Apparently the only other new show pulling better numbers than Fringe: the new 90210. This makes me sad.
    I really should be working. Really.

The whole thing at the end in which he was reading Peters thoughts was a straight rip off from an Episode of Doctor Who. Pi55ed me off
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Apparently the only other new show pulling better numbers than Fringe: the new 90210. This makes me sad.
    A sad and telling commentary on American Television, but un-surprising as well, after all let's look at the track record:

Reality TV = Big numbers (American Idol, Big Brother, Road Rules, The Real World, etc.)

Great story telling and character development = Early cancellation (Surface, Invasion, Terminator: TSCC?)

Let's hope Fringe can stand the test of American Television.

The whole thing at the end in which he was reading Peters thoughts was a straight rip off from an Episode of Doctor Who. Pi55ed me off
    Yeah, I remember that episode, this didn't seem too forced though, and it played well. Remember, there's nothing new under the sun and over laps like this are bound to happen from time to time, so long as it come across as natural I am okay with it.
    May the force be with you.

Still an episode or two behind. I do enjoy Fringe, but with all the other shows on right now, it's hard to keep up with anything new.

Poor planning on the networks part, IMO.

I am absolutely in love with Fringe!
    I know I've been saying this about a lot of shows, but again - even though I wasn't wowed by the first episode, I was completely sold by the second! This one is a more than worthy successor to the dearly departed X-Files! It's very similar in tone, but it actually seems a bit faster paced and a little more action oriented to me.
    I find Agent Dunham to be exceedingly hot in a very non-typical way. For some reason she reminds me of a very intriguing cross between Cate Blanchett and Traci Lords, strange as that sounds.
    John Noble as Walter represents my absolute favorite new character on television since Ben first showed up on Lost! I absolutely love his interactions with Peter, as well as his assistant Astrid (I hope we get to see more of that sooner rather than later.)
    Jonathan Jackson as Peter is a real treat also - he seems so much cooler here than I ever imagine he could have been on Dawson's Creek (never having watched that horrible, horrible nonsense.)
    I really dig the Observer! That guy is all kinds of cool, and bizarre, and creepy! I hope to see enough of him to keep me wanting more, and little enough of him that the mystery is not lost.
    Most of all I love that - much like early seasons of X-Files - in general each episode is fairly self contained with the mythology taking a back seat to the individual stories, yet we still get enough to keep us wondering exactly where all this is heading.

I really love it too, even though there's a shadowy mythology going on. The ending was a shock(even though it's been coming for several episodes). The ratings have been good, because of House at 8. I too often get attached to a show that only lasts 13 episodes. Gotta go...Walter wants another root beer float!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."