Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Fringe

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I thought it was just people who didn't belong.
    hence people from the other side. Shapeshifters, Peter.....
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    hence people from the other side. Shapeshifters, Peter.....
    Yeah, but I thought Walter stole Peter from the other side. The shapeshifters are not the same as Peter. The shapeshifters were altered so that they could transfer through to the other side. Bell said only a handful of people had actually gone from one side to the other without issues; Bell, Walter, Peter, and Olivia. Shapeshifters have blood thats mostly mercury-based, whereas if Peter had that blood I'm pretty sure red flags would have come up before.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I've since deleted the ep from my DVR, but I'm relatively certain the distinction was made (or at least heavily implied) that it was the shapeshifters specifically that had the halos.

...that was my take as well. About how old was Peter(other Peter) when he was brought to our universe?
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

His grave says 1978-1985.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Running an ep behind. I thought Walter was going to get lucky for a minute.

One thing has bothered me about Charlie being a Shapeshifter. Don't you think someone like Olivia would've noticed a different in his demeanor and actions before him getting shot?

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post

One thing has bothered me about Charlie being a Shapeshifter. Don't you think someone like Olivia would've noticed a different in his demeanor and actions before him getting shot?
    It seemed like they hardly saw each other after the change, plus she was working through her own issues, and may not have been aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    It seemed like they hardly saw each other after the change, plus she was working through her own issues, and may not have been aware.
    True, but Charlie's lone-wolf act should've raised eyebrows with Broyles or someone else.

I know: I'm over-thinking it, but I had time on my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post

The thing I didn't get was once they discovered the girl that died in the hospital basement wasn't a shapshifter, why they didn't immediately second guess Charlie.

I don't think Charlie worked nearly as closely with the other folks in Fringe Division (of which he was actually not a part if you think about it) than we might be inclined to believe. He was Olivia's friend and contact in the FBI, but he really didn't have any direct link to the rest of the characters otherwise. They all knew him through Olivia.

Another thing I recall regarding Peter possibly being a shapeshifter from the other world was the nightmare he'd had in this past episode. The kid he saw in that dream really looked nothing like him at all (granted, in real life he was not him and we all know that worse casting choices have been made in such situations in the past) and though he only clearly remembered Walter having been there in the dream, while the dream was occuring he seemed genuinely afraid of Walter's presence even while calling out for "Dad!" This leads me to infer that what we were seeing was the boy Peter was before he became the Peter we know (literally) and in particular, he seemed to be reliving in this dream the very moment Walter may have stolen him away. That's what I got out of it, at least.