Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Fringe

The Observer episode hasn't aired yet. It's either this week's episode or one of the next couple weeks'.

The observer episode was last night, and it was great. This is now the best show on television.

To summarize, the observers have been around forever, watching humanity and, well, observing, key historical and/or tragic events. An observer who looked a lot like Galen from the Babylon 5 series Crusade ('cause it was the same actor) abducts a grad school girl. The team scrambles to find her, armed with only a mysterious journal this observer left at the scene.

The team then discovers that grad school girl was supposed to be on a plane that crashed overseas. The observer saved her life by snatching her up.

There was a lot to like here, from Walter's interaction with the observer (which adds weight to my theory that this universe's Peter died as a child, and Walter abducted the alternate universe's Peter and raised him), to the observer's own interactions with each other. Edward Woodward's performance was subtle but effective enough to earn him a nomination for whatever category the Emmys have for guest actor.

I hope other people are watching this show--it's excellent and deserves a larger audience.
    I really should be working. Really.

I agree! This may be one of my favorite episodes yet. I really dig the Observers, and it's great seeing Peter Woodward somewhere other than the history channel again - I really do think he's a fantastic actor that deserves more exposure (I was very sad to hear that his dad passed away this week - RIP Equalizer!)

It was a good episode, but I wish the reason he tried to save her was because of she actually was important instead of love. Up until his finals words in the car, I had no idea they were basically androids (no emotions).
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I'd give Snakehead good marks

A good Walter-based story. It goes into his efforts to become more independent, and shows a bit of his relationship with Peter, and with Astrid.

Oh, and also, there are giant tape worms.

In the end, Water implants a tracking device in his neck. As I saw this, I actually said out loud, "Plot point." They'll certainly come back to this tracking device in a later episode. . .
    I really should be working. Really.

The Walter stuff nearly had me choked up. Very good episode. Makes me extra disappointed that John Noble didn't get that Emmy. I've also started noticing exactly how good an actress Anna Torv is! She never seems like she's acting. It always looks to me that she's a real person, in a real situation. Also...so HOT!

The SUV they were driving this week... anyone else catch it? The licence plate was "1C3P01".
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    The Walter stuff nearly had me choked up. Very good episode. Makes me extra disappointed that John Noble didn't get that Emmy. I've also started noticing exactly how good an actress Anna Torv is! She never seems like she's acting. It always looks to me that she's a real person, in a real situation. Also...so HOT!
    I'm caught up on Fringe. I really felt sorry for Walter being lost during the Chinese ep.

The brain ep was good. If I were Olivia, I would've shot Dr. Parrish (??), then ran back to help Walter. It would've made me feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    I'm caught up on Fringe. I really felt sorry for Walter being lost during the Chinese ep.

The brain ep was good. If I were Olivia, I would've shot Dr. Parrish (??), then ran back to help Walter. It would've made me feel better.
    But he had the correct sequence for the antidote, so shooting him wouldn't have helped Walter.

Still, it would've made me feel better. : )