Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Fringe

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    Was I the only one who was really attracted to the alternate universe Dunham? She was hot!
    It's the bangs in comparison to the massive dynamic forehead.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I'm normally more of a brunette type of guy, but Liv looks much better as a blonde. Also, there is nothing wrong with her forehead. Any happen to watch with subtitles on? They kept referring to the 'other' Olivia as "Bolivia." Brown + Olivia = Bolivia! Genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Blonde Dunham looks better I think. The brunette hair (which I presume was a wig) looked too fake.
    Yeah, but I think I like Dunham with tattoos!
    May the force be with you.

The last episode might be one of the creepiest episodes I have ever seen.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Yeah, bigtime....I kept waiting for Mulder & Scully to show up.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

The article doesn't actually say that the show has been cancelled yet. I am still hopeful. It's a shame, though, that people aren't watching - Fringe just keeps getting better. I seem to recall a time when X-Files aired on Friday as well...

Quote Originally Posted by jonthejedi View Post
    Yeah, bigtime....I kept waiting for Mulder & Scully to show up.
    I loved when they referred to that show. It was in an earlier episode where they were threatening to shut down the Fringe Division like they did with that "X designation".

I'm sure the show is doomed. It's smart, complex, has interesting characters and a long, series-spanning story arc. Networks don't like that sort of thing. Viewers also don't like that sort of thing either 'cos they've been dumbed down by the barrage of "reality" shows (not contest shows) that are aimed at the moronic.

Still, the ride they are giving us is a magnificent one.

Asteroid Asterisk Altoid Esther Astrid =
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I'm sure the show is doomed. It's smart, complex, has interesting characters and a long, series-spanning story arc. Networks don't like that sort of thing. Viewers also don't like that sort of thing either 'cos they've been dumbed down by the barrage of "reality" shows (not contest shows) that are aimed at the moronic.
    What are these "reality shows" of which you speak?

Admittedly I was surprised to see LOST go as long as it did, considering it did not fit the mold.

I wish BSG had gone another season, another smart show that sorta died before it's time.

Others include:

Terminator: TSCC (I still cry when I think about what might have been with that show!)
    Brimstone
    Farscape
    Firefly
    Tru Calling
    Profit (had a lot of potential)
    Wonderfalls (also a lot of potential)
    Dresden Files
    Bionic Woman (remake)
    Invasion
    Surface
    Heroes (YES, I still watched)
    Star Trek (The Original Series...canceled too early!)
    Deadwood

The list goes on and on and on. When we do get good shows that are smart and well done, and they are allowed to survive, we are truly blesses.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    What are these "reality shows" of which you speak?
    WifeSwap
    Kendra
    anything with those Kardashians
    The Bachelor/The Bachelorette
    The "real" "housewives" of _____________

...and anything of that ilk.

Not included in that would be...

Top Gear
    Dirty Jobs
    American Idol
    Dancing With The Stars
    Survivor