Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Fringe

Man, why do they have to keep making things hectic on me. Moving Fringe to Fridays means I now have to pick and choose which show to watch right then,tape for later and not watch at all between Fringe, Supernatural and CSI: NY.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Man, why do they have to keep making things hectic on me. Moving Fringe to Fridays means I now have to pick and choose which show to watch right then,tape for later and not watch at all between Fringe, Supernatural and CSI: NY.
    Well, I've watched Supernatural online before. I'm not sure about the others. I don't watch CSI. Clone Wars is on the same time as Supernatural, but it is on at other times as well.

Watching episodes online isn't a realistic option for me (I'm on dial-up). Clone Wars is probably another show I'd also have trouble deciding to watch in this case if my hand wasn't forced on that matter already (don't have cable/satellite, only broadcast).
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces

A nice little nod to another of my fav shows of yester-year, Twin Peaks.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

It was a good, solid ep. with more teases of things to come. Plus, it was good to see the Observers back. Not crazy about the new Friday slot, either.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Great episode! Friday doesn't bother me in the least - they could put Fringe on any night, and I'm watching! Anyone care to chime in as to why they don't care for the Friday slot? Feel like I'm missing something there.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Great episode! Friday doesn't bother me in the least - they could put Fringe on any night, and I'm watching! Anyone care to chime in as to why they don't care for the Friday slot? Feel like I'm missing something there.
    Friday nights are generally considered a death kneel for television shows. Fewer viewers overall on Friday nights because that's the end of the week and usually when people go out as opposed to staying home to watch television.

I just set all my shows to DVR and watch 'em when I want.
    May the force be with you.

...but strangely enough, Fringe got a slight bump in its ratings over its last few Thursday night airings before the break. Hopefully, they will be able to maintain that and the show will get its fourth and final season.

J.J. Abrams had said that, should this be the final season, they could wrap up the storylines, but it would seem rushed. He admits that they could definitely do that, but that this show is about the characters and not strictly about the plot. I love this man.

Fox stated that they could cancel this show if the ratings didn't either go up or remain where they are. Since they got a slight bump, I'm hoping that they renew it for one last season so we get a proper and NOT RUSHED ending to this amazing series!

I hate that things got moved around the schedule because of the clearly faltering American Idol.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Anyone care to chime in as to why they don't care for the Friday slot?
    I think my above post made it clear why I don't care for it all that much. Too many shows I like are on at the same exact time (Supernatural, Fringe, CSI NY, etc.) without any means to watch them all. I have a VHS to record one show while I watch another but no DVR for multiple show records. I'm also on dial-up, so that limits the "internet viewing option" due to the download times for episodes being unreasonable.