Captain Antilles from Sideshow!

Hot on the heels of the "Diplomatic Mission" dio comes a 1:6 scale Captain Antilles. Now the forthcoming Rebel Trooper will have some company on display and Vader will have someone to choke!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id...rce=091108news

What the hell kind of choice is this? I just saw it in SSG news, clicked through and it's Capt Antilles. WTF? We just got most of this figure coming with the Rebel Fleet Trooper (gun, hat, most of outfit). This is so badly timed IMO, instead of more main characters it's another lesser character very similar to an unpopular lesser figure we're getting soon. How about at least someone who has more than 45 seconds of screentime?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'll pass. I'm not going to recreate that scene with the 12".

I bought the Fleet Trooper, but to go with Ackbar, Wedge, and a Lando General that I'm hoping for. A Return of the Jedi grouping, obviously.

I buy a lot of SideShows (less than what I pass on them though) - and I'm thankful I'm not a completist-collector.

Antilles is cool that they offered him. Thanks, but no thanks.

(I dig having him in the 3 3/4" line though!)

I do wish that Sideshow would mix it up a bit with releases (from different movies I mean).

And yes, Tycho! I would LOVE Sideshow to produce an Admiral Ackbar figure! (or something with another alien headsculpt)

That said, I understand the idea behind this one...he's gonna look good being choked by Vader or standing on display with Leia and the Trooper...

ANH has got a lot of attention from Sideshow this year....I'm waiting for the ESB focus to begin (HOTH please!!)

I would have like Captain Antilles from ROTS (played by Rohan Nichol). Bet Sideshow would make some sweet Alderanian costumes.

The "Diplomatic Mission" Dio looks sweet! Contemplating getting that one down the road.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post

The "Diplomatic Mission" Dio looks sweet! Contemplating getting that one down the road.
    That one I'm getting.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Sideshow Hoth figures would be unbelievably cool.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.