Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

"The Making of ESB" in 2010

Confirmed at bottom of this post at StarWars.com

Also to come is The Making of The Empire Strikes Back, to be released in 2010 in conjunction with the 30th anniversary of that film
    The Making of Star Wars was one of the few things Star Wars I've actually enjoyed in the past couple of years, so I'm hoping this will be of equal quality.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

You mean Once Upon a Galaxy by Alan Arnold wasn't enough to sate your appetite? BTW, that was one of the first SW books I bought (I'd had the SW novelization and devoured it, especially the photos, along with the movie storybooks and books-on-tape, but I never even knew of the other books [Han Solo or Lando Calrissian Adventures, Splinter] at the time), from a comic book shop for $8, I think.

I, too, eagerly await this. Start a countdown clock website!
    "That's what Sheev said."

Pretty cool, I'll buy it. But the unauthorized BTS that BCJ just mentioned has some incredible tales that I can't imagine Lucas will want to admit to.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The April 16th issue of Entertainment Weekly has a story on Empire's 30th Anniversary and the Making of book and features Chewie holding Leia on the cover.
    The "Exclusive Excerpt" they advertise is just a bunch of never before seen photos.
    The pics are all online: http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20361457_1,00.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ew-the-empire-strikes-back.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	22890  
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    The "Exclusive Excerpt" they advertise is just a bunch of never before seen photos.
    I didn't read the article but I saw the pictures and was rather unimpressed.

Looks like Chewie is about to get jiggy wit' it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Eww, poor Harrison Ford had to have his open mouth molded! That must have felt so gross!

Anyway, yeah, those pics ain't blowing me away. Hopefully they saved the best for the book.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I still need to pick up that copy of EW.

I'm anxiously waiting for the book. I have the ANH version and the Indy Jones copy, and they're great.

Thumbs up

I would plug another similar book that's apparently out now (thought it wasn't until this Tuesday); SW: Year By Year. It not only covers SW from Lucas' script writing (as has been done before) to "the present," it also shows world and entertainment events at the same time, broken down yearly from about the mid-70s to 2010 (includes things not yet out/happened like C5, SW: Visions book, TFU 2 video game, and Making of ESB) but prior to the 70s, it's basically by decade. It's a tad pricey ($50), but with some discounts (I got it for 35% off with membership and coupon) it is definitely worth it. If I didn't have a job, I'd just sit and read it for days on end; quite facinating what I've persued so far.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I would plug another similar book that's apparently out now (thought it wasn't until this Tuesday); SW: Year By Year. It not only covers SW from Lucas' script writing (as has been done before) to "the present," it also shows world and entertainment events at the same time, broken down yearly from about the mid-70s to 2010 (includes things not yet out/happened like C5, SW: Visions book, TFU 2 video game, and Making of ESB) but prior to the 70s, it's basically by decade. It's a tad pricey ($50), but with some discounts (I got it for 35% off with membership and coupon) it is definitely worth it. If I didn't have a job, I'd just sit and read it for days on end; quite facinating what I've persued so far.
    Amazon has it for $31.50 right now. I saw the SDCC panel for it, it looked interesting but I wasn't entirely sure it was my kind of book, I am waiting for more reviews.