Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I flipped through this book and it didn't seem that interesting. I really liked the Making of Star Wars book and this one (on a quick flip through) just didn't stack up. It's full of information on the EU and advertising and things of that sort and if you really want to track the growth of Star Wars overtime, that's one thing but for me it just didn't strike a note. I mean there's a lot bad EU out there that I don't care about and since I first saw a Star Wars movie was on VHS, a lot of the vintage advertising and toy marketing aspects have no appeal to me.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I would plug another similar book that's apparently out now (thought it wasn't until this Tuesday); SW: Year By Year. It not only covers SW from Lucas' script writing (as has been done before) to "the present," it also shows world and entertainment events at the same time, broken down yearly from about the mid-70s to 2010 (includes things not yet out/happened like C5, SW: Visions book, TFU 2 video game, and Making of ESB) but prior to the 70s, it's basically by decade. It's a tad pricey ($50), but with some discounts (I got it for 35% off with membership and coupon) it is definitely worth it. If I didn't have a job, I'd just sit and read it for days on end; quite facinating what I've persued so far.
    I will have to check that one out. Gotta love the coupons.

I'm already stashing $$$ back for Making of ESB. That might be my Christmas present to myself.

I saw the Making of Empire over the weekend at Borders. Not sure it was supposed to be out yet. Anyway, it was $85.00! If it is that price, I'll have to pass. I would hope it would get discounted or be released in paperback eventually, but I just can't afford to pay that for a book, no matter how interesting.

Amazon has it listed as costing less, so I hope it goes down. I'd pay maybe $40 or so.

Street date is tomorrow, and that sadly is the hardcover price. Nobody pays full sticker for such things though. For example, Amazon has it for $45.90.

I'm going to wait for the paperback, even though the paperback for Making of SW was missing some material.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm planning on this book being my Christmas present to myself. Between a nice fat Borders coupon, some Borders Rewards bucks and a little $$$ stashed away, I'm hoping to get it for under $40.

I love the SW and the Indy Jones books. I picked up the paperback versions of both at a con for about $25.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Street date is tomorrow, and that sadly is the hardcover price. Nobody pays full sticker for such things though. For example, Amazon has it for $45.90.

I'm going to wait for the paperback, even though the paperback for Making of SW was missing some material.
    I pay full price. There's more quality in the product then.

But I will be quite mad if they do that again. The softcover was great, but the stuff in the HC was nice to OMIT from it! I might try Costco.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I had my pre-order thru Amazon and got a shipping notification today.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I should have preordered last night at 45.90 because now the in-stock price is 49.72.

It looks like they may not issue a paperback version for this one, the SW and Indy paperbacks came out the same day as their hardcovers. Now I'm not sure what to do.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    It looks like they may not issue a paperback version for this one, the SW and Indy paperbacks came out the same day as their hardcovers. Now I'm not sure what to do.
    The author said there are no plans for paperback for this title on the SWAN podcast interview.