Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Galactic Hero Vehicle (and beast) Appreciation Thread

I am really loving the GH vehicles!

This line is great. Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter is surprisingly my favorite. I love the way it rolls on the wheels. (Why didn't they put wheels under Vader's TIE if they were going to go with this concept for a fighter? GH stuff aren't made to be super-authentic. I hope the Snowspeeder has wheels).

Let's see: I also have the Millennium Falcon and the first X-wing, the N-1 Fighter, and the speeder bikes.

I have (but haven't yet opened) the AT-RT. I should get to that soon.

In terms of the beasts? Well I have the TaunTauns, the Reek, and (unopened as of yet) the Rancor.

I hope Jabba the Hutt and the Nexu are later carded somehow. I'm not buying those sets due to the repeat figures.

I've seen the Dewback, but I"m not biting. The Mos Eisley set comes with too many figures I already have. The thing is, the Dewback is seriously larger than Jabba or the Nexu, so I think there's no chance that Hasbro will sell it outside of the scene pack. That may mean they'll continue to ship the OLD scene packs as they are, and the Nexu and especially Jabba - will never become available in some other format.

I can't wait to get the Skiff, but I'm not buying the other 2 X-wings (Dagobah, Yavin). Every time they do a Dagobah X-wing in any line it looks good and tempts me. So far, I've never bought any. I think I'll be able to live with myself if I never do.

Now I wonder if the Jedi Starfighter for GH is going to go through re-painting. A yellow one with Anakin and R2 - of course. I don't think I'm biting that either. Maybe they'll do Episode 3 Jedi Fighters and I'll get Anakin's ship in that style.

An AAT Tank would be sweet. Maybe a Hailfire, and a Vultcher Droid Fighter? I also want the Republic Gunship for Galactic Heroes.

In Classic, the Sandcrawler and Snow Walker would be great, as would Slave-One and a regular TIE Fighter (or Interceptor). I also really want Luke's landspeeder!

I onlt get the OT GHs but I think they're all pretty freakin good. The Dewback is fairly large. I think we need a Bantha now.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

So far, the vehicles haven't really drawn me in; but if I see a GH A-Wing or AT-AT, then I'll buy those for sure.

I'm on the lookout for that Dewback, which looks awesome, but I doubt I'll spend $20-30 to get just that one figure. Mostly likely I'll just search it out on Ebay.

Got the GH Deformed Rancor today at TRU. Pretty cool.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

I agree with your wishes for vehicals we would like to see in the future.

a Bantha and some new Tusken Raiders would be cool.

I wonder if there will be any new creatures or vehicals that come out of the upcoming clone wars series? The Twilight would be an example.

Slave 1 would be great! and it would be an excuse to release a young Boba fig.

The upcoming snow speeder really gets my hopes up for the ATAT.

I would also like to see some locations. I liked the spiderman bank robbery set and i think they could make something like that for the galactic heroes too. The Cantina would be an easy choice, except that they have already done most of the figures. There is a new lego Hoth set that is pretty cool.

They seem to be doing the locations in the box sets:

ANH:

Death Star Landing Bay
    Yavin Base One Hanger
    Mos Eisley Cantina (2 sets)
    Mos Eisley Street (with Dewback)

ESB:

Star Destroyer Bridge
    TaunTaun Patrol

ROTJ:

Jabba's Throne Room
    Rancor Pit
    Sarlacc with Skiff (coming soon - cardboard Sarlaac if any)

TPM:

Naboo Royal Palace Hanger (with N-1)

AOTC:

Geonosian Arena (with Reek)

ROTS:

Kashyyyk AT-RT attack
    Mustafar Duel

I'm not sure if I forgot anything. If I were Hasbro and wanted to add new settings / characters, I'd do:

ANH:

Tantive IV Capture
    Sandcrawler with the Purchase of the Droids
    Bantha with Tuskens (I'm not really interested in this one, personally though)

ESB:

Echo Base with Sickbay and Command Center
    AT-AT with General Veers and Imperial Snowtroops
    Snowspeeder (to be released) in Hoth hanger bay with GH droids
    Hoth Trench with Turret Cannons and variants of GH Hoth Rebel Troops
    Slave-One vehicle with Carbon Frozen Han (again) and Fett, Bespin Guards
    Carbon Freezing Chamber playset with full-cast of characters, including the Jedi duel

ROTJ:

Sailbarge toy vehicle, with full Jabba scene cast
    Imperial Shuttle GH vehicle on Endor Landing Platform (latter cardboard)
    Ewok Village playset (plastic) with all kinds of defenses against stormtroopers
    AT-ST vehicle (2-seater) with logs that swing from trees (real plastic)
    Shield Bunker (cardboard) with repeated Endor characters (I'm not going to buy this)

TPM:

Otah Gunga High Council Chamber with curved cardboard box
    Bongo Submarine Toy as 3-seater, also including Opee Sea Killer
    Sando Aqua Monster and Colo Clawfish larger creature 2-pack
    Podracer line-up packaged like the flag parade. Include "naked" C-3PO.
    Galactic Senate in cardboard, with curved box, and all kinds of crazy GH
    Jedi High Council
    AAT Tank Toy with JarJar on Kaadu

AOTC:

Speeder Chase with both Anakin's and Zam's speeders in plastic
    Club Outlander in cardboard
    Dexter's Diner in cardboard with Dexter, WA-7, and Hermione, plus patrons
    Kamino Clone Lab (cardboard) with Taun We and Lama Su, training Clones
    Slave-One (Jango paint scheme) repainted with Jango and Kid-Fett
    AT-TE for GH!
    Hailfire Droid and Geonosian Fighter 2-pack for GH!

ROTS:

E3 Jedi Starfighter toys (sold separately)
    TurboTank Toy with Clones, maybe a Wookiee
    Wookiee Catamaran with Wookiees
    Wookiee tree house village with little Wookiee flyer
    Droid Army from Kashyyyk: Tank Droid and Droid Gunship 2-pack
    Utopau animal pack - boxed in "sink-hole," includes Boga and flying creature

*some of these vehicles don't have to "do" anything except hold an action figure - and some don't even have to do that. They are shrunken Galactic Heroes toys - they don't even have to be scale - and they look better, more cartoony-fun, when they are not anyway.

Nice list. I'm probably in the minority, but I enjoy this line more than the 3&3/4" now.

Tycho.. you got a good list there

I would love to have a few of those for sure!

the cardboard sences are ok, but my kids mash them up pretty quick

I saw the new Lego Death Star today... that looks awsome, they should do that for the GH line. It would be big, but pretty cool

I finally got the Jaba set today. ery nie. I put the Geo and Mos Eisley sets on lay-a-way.

I saw the Vehicle sets, TIE and JSF, didnt really care for them much. I would get an AT-AT if they made one.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Here's a GH question. Before the advent of 7/26 CW launch..TRU had two exclusive cinema scene sets: Battle of Hoth & Naboo. I saw tons of these in overheads, etc. at my local TRU stores. What happened to them? They didn't go on clearance. Are they coming back out? I wanted one(ESB) for my son, but I guess I waited too long.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."