Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Time to Start a Save the Indy Toy-Line Petition

[FONT=Times New Roman]Fellow IJ Hasbro toy line collectors and fans. We need to start an online petition, send in letters by US mail to Hasbro Corporate HQ and call the Hasbro Corporate Offices. The Marketing/PR Dept or Customer Relations/Service to voice our complaint about the supposed canceling of this line. Even call and send letters to Lucasfilm/Lucas Licensing to voice our complaint/concern. Maybe if we can get enough people to take action we can get the last Raiders wave made and on to stores. That wave looked to be the best wave out of them all. They tease us with the pics at Comic Con and disappoint us with supposed rumors of this wave being shelved.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]The original Kenner line at least lasted 2 years from 1982 to 1983. Yeah I had some issues with the current IJ line but overall it was very cool and long over due. Time to get Indy creator and savvy business man George Lucas involved. Perhaps he could redo his licensing contract for Indy with Hasbro. He has the power to save this line himself. Perhaps he could take less of a licensing fee to help this line continue. If the IJ line ends sooner than expected he also looses out on additional money. I can’t see a savvy business man like George Lucas not trying to work out some type of deal or something. Perhaps just finish up the last wave from Raiders that was shown and then pull the plug for this line or do a few additional waves from the other movies. Anyone have any thoughts? Am I crazy or just someone who is a passionate Indy fan/collector? [/FONT]

History has shown that these kinds of petitions do little to no good at all; but if someone sets it up, I'll sign it.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Someone on RS has drafted an email and provided a couple of addresses to send it to. I doubt very much they'll listen to us, but it takes no effort to copy and paste the email, so there's no harm in trying. Here's the link: http://threads.rebelscum.com/showfla...part=1#3411463
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Quote Originally Posted by indyjones1981 View Post
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Fellow IJ Hasbro toy line collectors and fans. We need to start an online petition, send in letters by US mail to Hasbro Corporate HQ and call the Hasbro Corporate Offices. The Marketing/PR Dept or Customer Relations/Service to voice our complaint about the supposed canceling of this line. Even call and send letters to Lucasfilm/Lucas Licensing to voice our complaint/concern. Maybe if we can get enough people to take action we can get the last Raiders wave made and on to stores. That wave looked to be the best wave out of them all. They tease us with the pics at Comic Con and disappoint us with supposed rumors of this wave being shelved.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]The original Kenner line at least lasted 2 years from 1982 to 1983. Yeah I had some issues with the current IJ line but overall it was very cool and long over due. Time to get Indy creator and savvy business man George Lucas involved. Perhaps he could redo his licensing contract for Indy with Hasbro. He has the power to save this line himself. Perhaps he could take less of a licensing fee to help this line continue. If the IJ line ends sooner than expected he also looses out on additional money. I can’t see a savvy business man like George Lucas not trying to work out some type of deal or something. Perhaps just finish up the last wave from Raiders that was shown and then pull the plug for this line or do a few additional waves from the other movies. Anyone have any thoughts? Am I crazy or just someone who is a passionate Indy fan/collector? [/FONT]
    He could, but his genius was coming up with the idea of licensing the figures to begin with. Lucas himself has no concept on things like case assortments, sculpting, figure design etc. Plus, I don't think Lucas would want to renegotiate the license because he wouldn't want to give back any money that Hasbro has already paid to secure it. Lucas has been paid, he's back at Skywalker Ranch.

This is Microeconomics 101, supply and demand. There comes a point where there's too much supply, no/not enough demand, that's it's just smarter to shut it all down and not make anything.

If subsequent waves were made, they're sitting around someplace in a warehouse next to the Ark of the Covenant probably. Hasbro will try to find some one somewhere to take them off their hands, dumping them onto the market as an exclusive some day.

Indy as a line doesn't have that long of a life due to a lack of sheer volume of characters, and citing 30 year old facts doesn't mean those same facts apply to today with regards to the toy industry and how long things have a shelf life.

Think for a second about the films. Indy's true foes were the archeological wonders he's going after. The human villians were only there to complicate the finding of the piece, not really true foes. It's the lack of playsets with highly interacive obstacles and traps that really dragged the line down. So what if a kid has an Indiana Jones, he has no ancient strong hold to try and escape from with a priceless artifact.
    Last edited by pbarnard; 09-18-2008 at 03:22 PM. Reason: fixing grammar and typos due to bandaged fingers
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

i'd sign a petition just to see the line continue till we get some of the really cool characters. i would even suggest mail-aways of Brody, and maybe even Donovon to keep the collectors intrigued.

sadly Hasbro needs to understand yes it's a toy geared for kids but toy collecting and buying is mainly falling into the hands of the adults who have grown up watching their favorite characters battle out on the screen. i mean i liked Indy IV and Mutt was ok but do we really need 3 different versions of him. Yes indy is the star of the series however do we need various different sculpts of the same character that maybe has one minor detail different then the rest (Vader comes to mind here as well.)

i think Hasbro really needs to have an online store that is always fully stocked, for those of us who can't find the figures we're looking for and perhaps Hasbro needs to rethink how to pack a case. instead of 3 Mutts and 3 Indy's maybe one of each character so there is enough for everyone. also stop packing in the same characters with different waves, i mean i know you need to have core characters but the Last Crusade wave should have been all Last Crusade and maybe 1 Indy.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Well, what other characters do you guys want that would justify continuing the line? The rest is literally just a lot of boring old men (and the occasional woman). Come to think of it, most of the line has been just that . . .
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The rest is literally just a lot of boring old men (and the occasional woman). Come to think of it, most of the line has been just that . . .
    That simple fact is what guarantees that any Indiana Jones toy line, no matter how ingeniously marketed, will never have a long life in the toy aisle.

I don't really understand how this new movie was supposed to make young kids fans of Indiana Jones. All a kid sees on the screen is a 60-year-old man running around in a brown suit. He looked even older and more feeble than Sean Connery did in Last Crusade.

There's just nothing there for kids to latch onto, especially when the other options in the theater are Iron Man, Batman and Incredible Hulk.

I wish they had started releasing the Indy figures back around Christmas time 2007, this way we could have gotten a couple of waves of figures from each of the first three films before the Crystal Skull figures started to hit the stores.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

That's exactly why they should just let it go on a little longer. It's SO close to being a great complete set. It can't be good P.R. to abruptly kill a line that they were very recently hyping and blame it on everybody else. Doing 10 or 12 more figures seems like a small price to pay to appear a little classy and not alienate thousands of customers (a lot of whom are also loyal Star Wars buyers).

Name me five possible unmade figures that aren't old people or generic soldiers.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Name me five possible unmade figures that aren't old people or generic soldiers.
    From Raiders:

Dietrich (the German commander that has the melting face)
    Barrnca (The guy Indy whips in the opening sequence)
    Katanga (Captain of the ship)
    Jock (Pilot of the sea plane)

And Just so you could have an Indy in ever wave:

Indy in a bath robe (Packing scene)
    Indy in a suit (class room scene)

I'd be just as likely to buy any of them as I would a character like Bane Malar.
    Last edited by Engineernerd; 09-19-2008 at 07:45 AM. Reason: typo