Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Hope all turns out well for you, Tycho. It's been hard enough reading about the anguish you had to go through to get to this point, I can't imagine actually living it. Here's to a speedy recovery with no rejections!

Same to you bobafrett. You're a much braver man than I.

That's awesome to hear. Frett, you're a great man, and Tycho, rest up and get better soon.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Outstanding news!!!!

Bobafrett, you are a superhero!!!!

I tend to be a little out of the loop, usually feel like little more than a lurker, so I didn't really know who the donor was, and I didn't pry when the subject came up in private discussion with others, but I actually guessed it was Bobafrett. That's really awesome that this went down the way it did.

I really wish the best for both of you, and I hope you both get back to hanging out with us soon.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Josh & Barry...you both truly have the "right stuff." In an age where we can view videos of fallen human beings literally being ignored & passed by on the street...you have reaffirmed the magnificence of what it means to be a human being. Well done!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I've only recently been following Tycho's progress, and had no idea his donor came from these very boards - I find this incredible, and a real testament to the power of this forum, and the bonds formed through it. For two people who had never actually met in person to go through this is astounding, it really brought a lump to my throat when I read about it.

Huge respect and admiration goes out to Barry, a real hero among men, and to Josh, of course, who has been battling bravely for so long. Wishing you both a speedy recovery, and MTFBWY.

BTW, has this story been covered on American News? It surely deserves to be.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    BTW, has this story been covered on American News? It surely deserves to be.
    Not that I know of. If it doesn't pertain to trashy politics or a heinous crime they don't bother to cover it.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Sean the Hutt
    My god! I have been off the forums with my own personal tragedies...I am so happy for you Tycho, and super dude...you restore my faith in humanity. Kudos to the force, and this community!

I hope he doesn't mind me saying so, but I talked to Tycho last night and was surprised he was even able to use the phone. He said he and Barry are both doing well, and everything's going great with the new kidney. He expects to be home, recuperating and playing Lego Star Wars on the Wii within a few days.

Oh, and he said he plans to take Barry to a Queensryche concert next year. So Barry really only did this for concert tickets to avoid Ticketmaster's markups.

(I'm kidding! Kidding!!)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm pretty much lost for words here, just truly amazing. I'm glad things worked out for you Josh, give Barry a big hug for all of us; he's truly one of a few people I'd call a hero. The force is with you both.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!