Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    As Steve pointed out, the story is mentioned here. I'm surprised it's not on starwars.com yet but I seriously bet it will be.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Man, this makes me proud to be a forum member here!

Good luck Josh & Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    BTW, has this story been covered on American News? It surely deserves to be.
    Not that I know of. If it doesn't pertain to trashy politics or a heinous crime they don't bother to cover it.
    Actually, this is the type of thing that would be perfect for O'Reilly's "Pinheads & Patriots" segment at the end of his show. Bobafrett would obviously fall under the "Patriot" category. Well done, sir. I hope you are both doing fine and make full recoveries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    So is Tycho done now or does he have to go back for another kidney surgery sometime in the future? I could of swore I read something from Tycho either in the forums or someplace else where he mentioned he'd have to keep his bad kidneys till they were certain the donated one wouldn't be rejected and that as long as the bad ones were there he could still have problems.
    His health aspects are essentially done, but in May he'll be going in for surgery to remove the cyst-riddled old kidneys finally.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    I've only recently been following Tycho's progress, and had no idea his donor came from these very boards - I find this incredible, and a real testament to the power of this forum, and the bonds formed through it. For two people who had never actually met in person to go through this is astounding, it really brought a lump to my throat when I read about it.

Huge respect and admiration goes out to Barry, a real hero among men, and to Josh, of course, who has been battling bravely for so long. Wishing you both a speedy recovery, and MTFBWY.

BTW, has this story been covered on American News? It surely deserves to be.
    Right on!

It got a quick mention in USA Today, and it's getting out there a little more today and tomorrow in other outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I hope he doesn't mind me saying so, but I talked to Tycho last night and was surprised he was even able to use the phone.
    He called me the day of the surgery at 8:30pm, only 4 hours after the surgery was completed. We talked with him and a mutual friend for a few, then later that night he called me back and talked until 2am where I finally had to grab sleep. So he's doing really well in that regard. When you talked to him yesterday though, he hadn't gotten much sleep, I called a little after you to see how he was doing and he was sleepy. Then he called me back at 3 in the morning and left a voicemail saying he only got about 5 hours of sleep. So yeah, he's back to using the phone.

Oh, and he said he plans to take Barry to a Queensryche concert next year. So Barry really only did this for concert tickets to avoid Ticketmaster's markups.
    This year actually, in 3 months. And I'd say Barry giving up a kidney is about par for the course with Ticketmaster fees.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    This year actually, in 3 months. And I'd say Barry giving up a kidney is about par for the course with Ticketmaster fees.
    Wow, so the recession is even hitting Ticketmaster.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well. Barry did a great thing (that's an understatement) and he is to be commended.

I talk to Tycho on the phone from time to time too and I look forward to hearing from him again once he has recovered.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

San Diego Fox News Channel 6 did a segment. The link is here:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....articleid=1937
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

That's awesome, I'd love to see CNN pick up that piece. And we got to see SirSteve in the flesh! :P
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Awesome, but no Ron Burgundy?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I was interested to know that we all meet here every night. Remember, last one out, turn off the lights.

I also enjoyed how the woman anchor kind of snorted/laughed/chuckled at the end of the story. Classy.