Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mabudonicus View Post
    (this is a joke that probably only KH would get)

Barry's figure should come with a commtech chip that plays a kinda tinny, warbly version of the Imperial march with a voice politely explaining he is not available at this time
    Iso&Baws
    Been a LONG time since I heard that
    HAHAHAHA!!!!

you are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor.......
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Welcome back to the boards, Josh!

A big "well done" to you and all concerned!

Mouse droids all around, bar keep!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Josh, glad to see you back in action.

Barry, you are one of the most stand up dudes out there and certainly an inspiration to me, and I daresay I am not the only one here who feels that way. Every time I get down on my opinion of people in general or feel like I need a little more intestinal fortitude, I'm going to think of you.

What you did for Josh was beyond measure, but you've done a lot for all of us, too. Thanks, man.

You own, and I think your rank on these boards should be, well, whatever you darn well please. Maybe JT could hook that up.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I'd say the Doctors are the heroes here. The surgeons and the staff are the heroes, I just layed on a table, then I was out for 8 1/2 hours, woke up, felt okay, then felt like crap, then started feeling okay again.

Without the staff who's skilled hands were able to remove an organ from me, and transplant it into Josh just blows me away. And to feel as good as I do now, well I feel ready to pull the ears of a gundark!

But Thank you just the same.
    Last edited by bobafrett; 02-09-2009 at 12:56 AM. Reason: it's "now" not "know"
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I don't know... Obviously the doctors and whatnot were extremely important and are indeed heroes in their own right, but I truly admire your courage to go through with it. Granted, I've had my appendix out, but the thought of being operated on when not in agony or something along those lines... That ranks up there in my top worst fears.

Hell, even a needle is frightening to me.

Glad to see you back, Tycho! It hasn't really been the same with the lack of potentially finding a WTF/thought-provoking thread in the morning.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

And now when you step on the scales you'll weigh one pound less! And with that fist sized organ gone you can eat that extra helping of food and have somewhere for it to fit.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

It's nice to hear from the other half of this awesomeness. Yeah, it's nice to have you back, Tycho. We're all very glad to hear you're doing well, both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Michelle (my very cute nurse - she looks like Summer Glau (Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles) is bringing me over to your hotel if that's OK with you and Robin.
    Nice! So what's the game plan? Hit on her shamelessly and blame it on the meds? Reminds me of the fun I had with my favorite bartender and one too many drinks . . . okay, several too many drinks.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    And now when you step on the scales you'll weigh one pound less! And with that fist sized organ gone you can eat that extra helping of food and have somewhere for it to fit.
    And if someone ever shoots you and leaves you for dead in a mass grave on some mysterious island you'll be able to magically heal yourself after having a vision of Walt.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Well plan on a reunion tomorrow. Michelle (my very cute nurse - she looks like Summer Glau (Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles) is bringing me over to your hotel if that's OK with you and Robin.
    What if she actually is a Terminator? I guess if when she picks you up and says, "get in the car if you want to live", then you will know.

Actually, when she gave me her personal number and talked of sharing the next Comic Con with me and introducing me to her brother (he's 29 and a Star Wars collector just like us) I thought that maybe she could be hitting on me (I hope anyway - I'd love to stay friends with her beyond my recovery). In any event, I'm glad she likes me as a friend at the least, and she will be my friend, too. She even met James and Darren - 2 of my collecting team, who came over to visit me today.

OH - I had Borssk Fey'lya, courtesy of HasbroToyShop before either of them! Haha. I had a kidney transplant and still beat them to new figures!

Then they entered without washing their hands. We have to keep my place pretty sterile. So I made James get out the 409 and clean my Homing Spider, BMF, C-3PO, and the AT-TE (for which he left the legs off of just to get me back!) but I know my friends care a lot about me and he wanted to make sure I stayed healthy and recovered well and as quickly as possible. But he moved like he was Billy Mays cleaning the BMF! It's now not just clean; it's 409-clean!