Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    And I don't want my kidney back from Tycho, I've read about some of his dreams, and I'm afraid they've already saturated into my old kidney, and to have them re transplanted into me, I'd start having those crazy dreams, and I'd post about it.
    I just had two more - both last night:

I was sleeping in a bunk bed upon the bottom level and with which the top had been turned into an aquarium. I accidentally ate a goldfish that jumped out while I slept. Goldfish are toxic and so I woke up and was trying to spit it all back out. A head came out first. Then Sean Connery as James Bond was reflected in the mirror, pointing a gun at me with a silencer in place. He said, "I'm going to end this now, Goldfish!" I dodged the first bullet and ran from that bathroom to another where I spit out the tail and then a fin. I was getting scared that I was going to die from Goldfish poisoning but I also had to worry about James Bond shooting at me. I don't know what would have happened. I woke up for real after that.

Next I dreamt I was trying on clothes in a small surfshop. The bruenette girl clerk that was helping me was really hot, so I decided to try on everything that looked moderately appealing that was in her store. This way I could delay for time until I figured out how to ask her on a date. Well, her shift ended while I was in the changing room and another hot little blonde girl came in to take over. Didn't matter to me - they were both attractive. So I struck up conversation with the blonde girl. She and I were getting along great at first. Then she started talking about God, Jesus, and her church. I should have known better and just played the role of the perfect pious Christian, but instead I just had to instigate something and jokingly tell her I was an adherent to Satan's path to hedonism. I was in the process of joking about this when the first girl I'd liked, the bruenette returned to the store. Apparently she was the blonde girl's friend, and they both ganged up on me and proceeded to tell me how I needed to change my lifestyle and attend a religous introvention group for behavioral therapy before it was too late for my soul. Great, just what I needed. If I'm going to be a sinner, why can't I also be a good liar? It would make everything else a lot easier.

And "Broken, Beat, and Scarred" would be great for the movie soundtrack, but a power ballad that everyone gets sick of in a short while is that much more appropriate. If it's going to be Metallica, how about the first "Unforgiven?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    And "Broken, Beat, and Scarred" would be great for the movie soundtrack, but a power ballad that everyone gets sick of in a short while is that much more appropriate. If it's going to be Metallica, how about the first "Unforgiven?"
    Yes, but we don't want something everyones going to get sick of.

You rise, you fall, you're down and you rise again,
    What don't kill ya makes you more strong,
    You rise, you fall, you're down and you rise again,
    What don't kill ya makes you more strong.

That section alone I feel describes what you went through with your Aneurysm,"You rise, you fall, your down and you rise again" and all the other stuff you went through, "What don't kill ya, makes you more strong"

Rise, fall, down, rise again,
    Rise, fall, down, rise again,

Through black days, through black nights,
    Through pitch black insights.

Breakin' your teeth on the hard life a'comin,
    (Show your scars)
    Cuttin' your feet
    (Show your scars)
    Breakin' your life, broken beat and scarred,
    But we die hard.

The dawn, the death, the fight to the final breath,
    The dawn, the death, the fight to the final breath,

They scratched me, they scraped me,
    They couldn't rape me.

We die hard.
    We die hard.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

How about Weird Al's "Just Eat It" for the scene with James Bond and the goldfish? Can we get Sean Connery to make a special appearance?

Now that's just wrong.
    You got a problem with Lionel Richie? Man, I thought everyone dug his music.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Lionnel Richie reminds me of Lando Calrissian. They both had that 80's thing going.

Man, "Running With The Night" could have been used during the Bespin Escape scene. When Lando grabs the microphone and says, "Attention: the Empire has taken over the city. I advise everyone to leave before more Imperial troops arrive." He then should have performed "Running With The Night" and Chewbacca could have beat blasters on Stormtrooper helmets like they were (Ewok) drums and Leia could have gotten a guitar out of a wall pannel that R2 opened (kind of like in the Lego Star Wars game) and Lobot could have played the keyboard using the controls on C-3PO's back. Then the Ugnaughts could have been dancing and Kershner could have shown us some female Ugnaughts so the midget thing wasn't so one-sidedly sexist. Then they could have continued playing that song as the heroes fought their way to the Millennium Falcon.

I don't know if Lionnel Richie had recorded that song by 1979 when Empire was being finalized for its 1980 release, but that would have been awesome if they played it right there, with Billy Dee Williams lipsyncing to Lionnel Richie.

Yup: leave it to Tycho to think up ways we could still improve the classic editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Lionnel Richie reminds me of Lando Calrissian. They both had that 80's thing going.

Man, "Running With The Night" could have been used during the Bespin Escape scene. When Lando grabs the microphone and says, "Attention: the Empire has taken over the city. I advise everyone to leave before more Imperial troops arrive." He then should have performed "Running With The Night" and Chewbacca could have beat blasters on Stormtrooper helmets like they were (Ewok) drums and Leia could have gotten a guitar out of a wall pannel that R2 opened (kind of like in the Lego Star Wars game) and Lobot could have played the keyboard using the controls on C-3PO's back. Then the Ugnaughts could have been dancing and Kershner could have shown us some female Ugnaughts so the midget thing wasn't so one-sidedly sexist. Then they could have continued playing that song as the heroes fought their way to the Millennium Falcon.

I don't know if Lionnel Richie had recorded that song by 1979 when Empire was being finalized for its 1980 release, but that would have been awesome if they played it right there, with Billy Dee Williams lipsyncing to Lionnel Richie.

Yup: leave it to Tycho to think up ways we could still improve the classic editions.
    It debuted on the top 40 on 12/3/83, so too late even for ROTJ. I think "All Night Long" would be appropriate for the end of ROTJ.

I've been gone for a bit but you cannot imagine how happy I am to come back and read one of Tycho's strange and slightly disturbing dreams! I am ecstatic that this worked out for both you and Barry! I definitely wanted another chance to hang out with you again and if there is another conventions . . . . I'm buying you a drink!

And Barry . . . wow man . . I tip my hat to you sir! There are not words that could ever properly put into perspective what you have done. Your my new hero!
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Hey, good to see you! I think your absence even made the Long Lost Forum members thread. And Thank you!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

And I don't want my kidney back from Tycho, I've read about some of his dreams, and I'm afraid they've already saturated into my old kidney, and to have them re transplanted into me, I'd start having those crazy dreams, and I'd post about it.
    Most likely, and we don't even know the half of it.

Well, I am old, and Bruce could wear a hairpiece!
    Hey, it's your game man, if you want to look like you're wearing a rug....
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Barry found this article and video about Jeff Ramanov's Star Wars transplant and I wanted to share it with other Star Wars fans.

This is another great story I'm very pleased to know of.

I've been in touch with Jeff and he's written to me post-transplant. All seems to be going very well.