Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I'm a little bummed that I'm coming down with a cold
    You'd better get that checked. You might have swine flu, which is a global pandemic that has already affected almost seventy people nationwide!!!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Trooper of the Year award

The below was sent out to legion members of the 501st. It seems that both myself, and Eric, the gentleman and fellow trooper who donated his kidney to another trooper, were both given "trooper of the year" on May 1st, or what we call "501st day". I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I was quite humbled when I found out yesterday, and I realized that since you can't read my e-mail or the legion boards, you wouldn't know about this unless I told you.

And, finally and for the first time, I would like to announce the winner of the first ever Trooper of the Year award, bestowed this Legion Day and hopefully every Legion Day to follow:

TK0523 Barry Benecke II of the Midwest Garrison
    and
    TK4619 Eric Seemann of the Empire City Garrison

Barry and Eric distinguished themselves this year by taking risks and sacrificing the time, energy, money, effort, and their own bodies to help save the lives of fellow Star Wars fans who were both in dire need of a kidney transplant. Both of these valiant and humble troopers made the decision to offer a kidney to someone who's life utterly depended on it, and in doing so ensured that they would live long lives and continue to be there for their loved ones. In Eric's case, his kidney went to a fellow Legion member Jeff Romanoff TK0076, former CO and one of the founding members of Garrison Carida - a man whose story of struggle with cancer and kidney failure have been well known in the Legion.

Barry and Eric exemplify the highest traits of giving, service, and personal sacrifice that the Legion aspires to. We create this award and honor them with it to recognize just how much higher our apirations have become thanks to troopers such as they. We give this award with no less than the highest regard and respect, and salute them as heroes in their own right.

Join me in congratulating these two men, Troopers of the Year for 2008.

My award will/should look just like this one, but with my name and trooper ID on it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TOTY1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	20210  
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

That is a great recognition that you so well deserve (and Eric, too). I am proud (and grateful that I am alive today) to know you.

OK, I'll be leaving for the hospital in about less than an hour. I'm having my original 2 kidneys that are full of cysts and swollen larger than footballs (for real) removed. They'll be slicing me open exactly like the TaunTaun and pulling my stomach and intestines out so they can remove these extra-large kidneys, and then replacing my organs.

This is necessary as last July, one of my old kidneys ripped and I was bleeding internally and almost died. And as you read further, there are other complications with having the mutations inside of me.

To my delight:

I'll be able to eat a whole hamburger again when I order one

I won't puke only minutes after I eat (actually, since the transplant, I haven't been)

I won't be in continuous pain from my stomach on a daily, hourly basis

Even better:

I'll be brought back from a waist size 42 to a men's 33 in about 2 or 3 hours. There's no fat in me, as very detailed scans have revealed. It's all the huge kidneys

I'll have a flat, washboard stomach that I've dreamed of having back for the past 3 1/2 years

It won't embarass me as there will no longer appear to be anything physically wrong with me when I want to approach girls I happen to be attracted to. C'mon - when they look the way I like them, they can afford to have high standards (or cosmetic surgery) too

I'll be able to dress professionally again and rejoin the effort to do something productive with my life

Now this will be very painful as I recover and I might need help just getting up from my bed for several or more weeks. I'm planning on having private nurses hired on as needed for my homecare. Michelle will be back, and I've met a few others who have taken good care of me.

I will phone BobaFrett, SirSteve, JediTricks, JetsAndHeels, El Chuxter, JediPartner, and Deoxy, and perhaps a few of you might post as to whether I live or die, and what I say when I'm zonked out of my mind on morphine. Last few times I could use The Force. Really. I just keep it quiet when I can demonstrate Jedi Powers because as far as I know, Order 66 is still in effect.

I am also requesting that my doctor replace parts of me with bionics, and supply me with a flame thrower and grenade launcher. No word on whether that will be happening though.

Anyway, to everyone: best wishes and goodbye for now.

This is Tycho signing off...

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    OK, I'll be leaving for the hospital in about less than an hour. I'm having my original 2 kidneys that are full of cysts and swollen larger than footballs (for real) removed. They'll be slicing me open exactly like the TaunTaun and pulling my stomach and intestines out so they can remove these extra-large kidneys, and then replacing my organs.

This is necessary as last July, one of my old kidneys ripped and I was bleeding internally and almost died. And as you read further, there are other complications with having the mutations inside of me.

To my delight:

I'll be able to eat a whole hamburger again when I order one

I won't puke only minutes after I eat (actually, since the transplant, I haven't been)

I won't be in continuous pain from my stomach on a daily, hourly basis

Even better:

I'll be brought back from a waist size 42 to a men's 33 in about 2 or 3 hours. There's no fat in me, as very detailed scans have revealed. It's all the huge kidneys

I'll have a flat, washboard stomach that I've dreamed of having back for the past 3 1/2 years

It won't embarass me as there will no longer appear to be anything physically wrong with me when I want to approach girls I happen to be attracted to. C'mon - when they look the way I like them, they can afford to have high standards (or cosmetic surgery) too

I'll be able to dress professionally again and rejoin the effort to do something productive with my life

Now this will be very painful as I recover and I might need help just getting up from my bed for several or more weeks. I'm planning on having private nurses hired on as needed for my homecare. Michelle will be back, and I've met a few others who have taken good care of me.

I will phone BobaFrett, SirSteve, JediTricks, JetsAndHeels, El Chuxter, JediPartner, and Deoxy, and perhaps a few of you might post as to whether I live or die, and what I say when I'm zonked out of my mind on morphine. Last few times I could use The Force. Really. I just keep it quiet when I can demonstrate Jedi Powers because as far as I know, Order 66 is still in effect.

I am also requesting that my doctor replace parts of me with bionics, and supply me with a flame thrower and grenade launcher. No word on whether that will be happening though.

Anyway, to everyone: best wishes and goodbye for now.

This is Tycho signing off...
    Best of luck with the surgery, mister!!! I'll be thinking of you today. I'm glad we got a chance to talk over the weekend.

*big hug*
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Take care man. I'm sure we'll be seeing you back here in no time.

"Something, something...ears off a gundark."
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

All the best Josh, hope all goes smoothly.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Man, I've been kind of ignoring this thread because you're getting better. I totally forgot about this surgery. Best of luck to you.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!