Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

It sounds like you can't wait for this to be over with so you can get back to "normal." I hope it all goes extremely well for you and you're back on your feet in no time. We're all thinking about you. Get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    I think they're going to cut Josh deep and wide, so not quite the same, but painful none the less. I haven't been to a dentist in well over 10 years.
    How dare you insult my pain? Naw, I know. And, because I've got this cold, I had to push it back half a month (my dentist is very popular). I hope you're taking good care of your choppers at least, I didn't and am now paying for it both financially and in pain. Flossing is way important, deep into the periodontal pockets is vital. And get yourself a Sonicare toothbrush, best thing you can do besides going to the dentist.

The below was sent out to legion members of the 501st. It seems that both myself, and Eric, the gentleman and fellow trooper who donated his kidney to another trooper, were both given "trooper of the year" on May 1st, or what we call "501st day". I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I was quite humbled when I found out yesterday, and I realized that since you can't read my e-mail or the legion boards, you wouldn't know about this unless I told you.

And, finally and for the first time, I would like to announce the winner of the first ever Trooper of the Year award, bestowed this Legion Day and hopefully every Legion Day to follow:

TK0523 Barry Benecke II of the Midwest Garrison
    and
    TK4619 Eric Seemann of the Empire City Garrison

Barry and Eric distinguished themselves this year by taking risks and sacrificing the time, energy, money, effort, and their own bodies to help save the lives of fellow Star Wars fans who were both in dire need of a kidney transplant. Both of these valiant and humble troopers made the decision to offer a kidney to someone who's life utterly depended on it, and in doing so ensured that they would live long lives and continue to be there for their loved ones. In Eric's case, his kidney went to a fellow Legion member Jeff Romanoff TK0076, former CO and one of the founding members of Garrison Carida - a man whose story of struggle with cancer and kidney failure have been well known in the Legion.

Barry and Eric exemplify the highest traits of giving, service, and personal sacrifice that the Legion aspires to. We create this award and honor them with it to recognize just how much higher our apirations have become thanks to troopers such as they. We give this award with no less than the highest regard and respect, and salute them as heroes in their own right.

Join me in congratulating these two men, Troopers of the Year for 2008.

My award will/should look just like this one, but with my name and trooper ID on it
    Wow, that's super awesome! They're very cool to recognize your generosity in this way. Congratulations! Good for you both, you absolutely deserve it. When you get your award, please post a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    OK, I'll be leaving for the hospital in about less than an hour. I'm having my original 2 kidneys that are full of cysts and swollen larger than footballs (for real) removed. They'll be slicing me open exactly like the TaunTaun and pulling my stomach and intestines out so they can remove these extra-large kidneys, and then replacing my organs.

This is necessary as last July, one of my old kidneys ripped and I was bleeding internally and almost died. And as you read further, there are other complications with having the mutations inside of me.

To my delight:

I'll be able to eat a whole hamburger again when I order one

I won't puke only minutes after I eat (actually, since the transplant, I haven't been)

I won't be in continuous pain from my stomach on a daily, hourly basis

Even better:

I'll be brought back from a waist size 42 to a men's 33 in about 2 or 3 hours. There's no fat in me, as very detailed scans have revealed. It's all the huge kidneys

I'll have a flat, washboard stomach that I've dreamed of having back for the past 3 1/2 years

It won't embarass me as there will no longer appear to be anything physically wrong with me when I want to approach girls I happen to be attracted to. C'mon - when they look the way I like them, they can afford to have high standards (or cosmetic surgery) too

I'll be able to dress professionally again and rejoin the effort to do something productive with my life

Now this will be very painful as I recover and I might need help just getting up from my bed for several or more weeks. I'm planning on having private nurses hired on as needed for my homecare. Michelle will be back, and I've met a few others who have taken good care of me.

I will phone BobaFrett, SirSteve, JediTricks, JetsAndHeels, El Chuxter, JediPartner, and Deoxy, and perhaps a few of you might post as to whether I live or die, and what I say when I'm zonked out of my mind on morphine. Last few times I could use The Force. Really. I just keep it quiet when I can demonstrate Jedi Powers because as far as I know, Order 66 is still in effect.

I am also requesting that my doctor replace parts of me with bionics, and supply me with a flame thrower and grenade launcher. No word on whether that will be happening though.

Anyway, to everyone: best wishes and goodbye for now.

This is Tycho signing off...
    I think this is the first time you haven't called me right before one of these things. You probably won't read this until long after we've talked on the phone, so I'll just wish you the best of fortunes and wait for your call. My whole family is pulling for you.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

All the best Tycho!
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I just talked to Josh, everything went well and he's been recovering for a few hours. He's on meds so he doesn't feel anything from the region, but his throat is a little sore from being intubated for the surgery. He's pretty exhausted, so it was a short conversation, but I did tell him about the Star Trek cereal I saw at the store - it was a Tycho sort of thing. So far, so good!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, thanks for the update.

Good to hear that everything went well!

Great to hear, glad those burdensome festering little buggers are no longer going to be trouble for him and he can finally make a full recovery.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Thanks for the update JT, sounds great!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I listened to Josh on my voicemail, also his Cousin Stephany called and said he was doing good after the surgery. I spoke with him the night before also, he sounded ready to get this over with. He still has another 8 or 9 days in the hospital yet.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I listened to Josh on my voicemail, also his Cousin Stephany called and said he was doing good after the surgery. I spoke with him the night before also, he sounded ready to get this over with. He still has another 8 or 9 days in the hospital yet.
    I am THRILLED to hear this!!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**