Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Would it be too much to ask to have someone get this issue and send it to me? They don't have any at the NEX on base.
    I would if I had some money. I've only found one bookstore that carried it. PM me slick, and I'll see what I can do for you.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I don't have much to add but just wanted to say it's always great to hear you're continually improving.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Would it be too much to ask to have someone get this issue and send it to me? They don't have any at the NEX on base.
    I'll grab one for you Slick.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    I would if I had some money. I've only found one bookstore that carried it. PM me slick, and I'll see what I can do for you.
    I appreciate the offer but I just got a PM from RB saying that he grabbed me one. Thanks again though!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    I'll grab one for you Slick.
    PM sent back. Good lookin' out.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Today marks the 1-year anniversary of the day I had started dialysis.

I went to the clinic and visited my old nurses and health-techs and thanked them for taking good care of me.

All were impressed with how healthy I now look, with thanks to BobaFrett.

Because of his selfless act of kindness, I was only ever on dialysis for 8 months. That's very impressive since many wait for a kidney for 5 years! (I was on the wait-list for a donor-at-death's kidney for 2 1/2 years - since October 2006 - though, as I had to be approved for transplant from a living donor as well as the wait-list.)

It is so great to hear how much better you are now doing. Indeed, it is all very inspiring! So glad to hear all continues to go so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Today marks the 1-year anniversary of the day I had started dialysis.
    Happy 1 year...
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

I went to pick up a package at the UPS center, since it required a signature. I thought it would be a box with my "Trooper of the Year" award in it. Instead it was a large envelope with a couple of shirts, two small squeezy kidneys, a sticker, and a magnet. It came from the National Kidney Foundation. I didn't order them. I think some one must have because there was an XL shirt (my size) and XL babydoll shirt (won't fit my wife), and another medium shirt on backorder (for my son possibly?).

That sounds like a fun package of presents. This one wasn't from me. Your act of kindness has touched many others, too.

I'm glad you got this recognition from some secret admirer.

There will be a Transplant Olympics held in Chicago next year. They have baseball as an event! I am getting more information and when I have the data I will post it here.

But this sounds like a wonderful opportunity for me and Barry to hang out together again, and for his whole family to enjoy something fun that we are all now in great health to enjoy together. It is part of the Gift of Life Foundation's effort to make people aware that it is safe and urgently needed for more folks to be living donors, and these events showcase the changes in others' lives that organ donation makes. I'm sure I'll be one of the younger players and that might give me an edge! I will learn shortly if Barry can play, too.

A couple pictures of the awards that I got from the 501st Legion of Stormtroopers, which I was honored to recieve. The first on is the "2008 Trooper of the Year" which I got the award in the mail just a couple of days ago, though the surgery was in 2009. The second was the "January trooper of the month" even though the surgery went down in early February. I have the awards on my desk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	award1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	20798   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	award2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	20799   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	award.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	20800