Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast
    Seccond base, or maybe I'll get called on to play shortstop sometimes.

I wouldn't mind getting to play the outfield and make some awesome catches out there, but I love playing strategy on the infield to catch every baserunner I can!

2nd base is where a heck of a lot of the action is!

^that's what she said!
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    ^that's what she said!
    Hee Hee, I'm giigling like a little girl!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

^Bfrett, that's why you have to keep your guard up from boys trying to steal second base!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Seccond base, or maybe I'll get called on to play shortstop sometimes.

I wouldn't mind getting to play the outfield and make some awesome catches out there, but I love playing strategy on the infield to catch every baserunner I can!

2nd base is where a heck of a lot of the action is!
    Very nice, some of my best memories are from covering 2nd base. My sweetest one is when the batter hit a ball that was flying at about chest-level and quickly arcing down. I barely got my glove down in time, and caught it with my glove's side touching the ground - then I managed a double-play by outing a runner that was heading to third but decided to come back to second. The real highlight of it is that the batter was the son of one of my worst teachers.

I was moved to right field for my last two years. Even though it was great when there was finally a fly ball to catch or a grounder that got past the basemen, the rest of the time it gets incredibly boring.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I always liked first base best myself. I remember turning all three outs in an inning once; flyball caught in foul territory and then a double-play (caught a line drive and tagged the bag before the runner could get back). Unfortunately I broke both my thumbs one season on the same play. It was a pretty debilitating injury. I was in sweatpants for like two months.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

My best friend who played shortstop steals the show. He got into Sports Illustrated for his unassisted triple-play! (Little League, Majors level)

Men on 1st and 2nd with zero outs.

An infield fly to shortstop and the runner's off 2nd base, heading to third but holds up so he can get back to 2nd and tag-up, however he runs into my friend P.J. who's just caught the ball. 1st and 2nd outs right there.

Now the runner off 1st base is halfway to 2nd and also has to tag up. P.J. doesn't throw to first, or to 2nd so he can cover the base while there is a run-down. Instead he chases the runner from across the diamond and he's so fast (and determined) that he tags him out before he can get back to 1st.

Probably ONLY in Little League, but I'm not absolutely certain of that.

As a thank you for helping save my life, I took my doctors out to the Padre game last night.

Pictured are Dr. Randy Schaefer who worked extensively with Barry (BobaFrett), Dr. Jonathon Fisher who prepared me, me (Tycho), and Dr. Christopher Marsh, Scripps Hospital Chief of Surgery ("Dark Lord of the Surgery" who wore the Darth Vader t-shirt on the day of the operation).

These guys are the best! We had a great time and I got a ball thrown into the stands!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drs Schaefer Fisher me and Dr Marsh resize.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	21238  

Tycho, you're at so many games these days you should become a ball boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    Tycho, you're at so many games these days you should become a ball boy!
    "Kramer....there are ball boys.....there are no ball MEN...."
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!