Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast
    Very nice picture Josh, now just photoshop me in behind the doctors, so we can say I was there!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I just had my 6 month follow up, check up. I will go in again in another 6 months, then every year after that. The test results thus far are good. Blood pressure is normal, still waiting on a few other test results. Then I mail all this info into the place where Josh and I were both operated on. I spoke with Josh several times during the past week, and he's doing well also. He sounds more chipper than he did when we talked over a year ago. I just can't believe that it's been 6 months already since the surgery, getting older seems to make the time go by so much quicker.

That's an interesting perspective because mine is nearly the opposite:

Getting my strength and energy back, I seem to have gotten YOUNGER!

I'm playing baseball, going to rock concerts, taking a bartending course, working as a volunteer with other kidney transplant patients and counseling them, I'll be going back to graduate school to get my Masters Degree in Social Work / Psycological Counseling, I take hospital patients about on outings (like to the ballgames, shopping, dining out, as keeping them active keeps their state of mind healthy for healing), I am boldy going into the employee areas in places like Hooters and out to country bars for dancing and meeting all the women I can, and I plan to swim with the sharks in LaJolla Cove, get back to my black belt program, join a social bowling league, maybe take up tennis (again) and play golf, go to shooting practice, I'm learning to play guitar and want to be back-up in a rock band, and I'm still collecting Star Wars, Star Trek, Transformers, and (hopefully) Terminator stuff, plus movies and TV on DVD - and heck knows what else!

I realized that I strongly believe you have one life to live. You get one chance. And I miraculously got 2 thanks to Barry, my doctors, this website and the rest of my support network, and many others who played some important roles as well.

I know I am single with no children (partly by luck or else maybe by not being very lucky there for a while, and mostly by design) so I am very free to impulsively pursue every dream I can imagine. But I know now that EVERYONE can begin a second life so when we all prepare to close our eyes for the very last time, we will look back and be able to know in our head and our hearts that our lives ROCKED and most people were glad we were there!

Lol, you're not getting any younger Tycho; it's just that you've decided to put that second chance to good use. I'm glad your having so much fun doing /planning all this stuff, & I wish you all the best with everything; especially the Hooters girls.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

So I'm playing with the San Diego Padres, reporting to practice on Saturday, November 14! I just got my paperwork in the mail yesterday and I have to sign some documents and get it back to the team. I can bring 3 friends with me (to watch, meet the players, photo, film) that day as well!

Thank you Barry for making it possible for me to now be recovered and able to do this!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Congrats, that's pretty wild.

I'm guessing the routine biopsy went well, yes?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'll probably hear of the biopsy results next week actually - but if there's bad news, they'll contact me sooner.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I'll be going back to graduate school to get my Masters Degree in Social Work / Psychological Counseling
    Tycho, officially decreed by a college/university to be of sound mind, to psychologically counsel others...

If that isn't a sign that the world is ending I don't know what is.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Or, it takes a loon to know a loon.

I look forward to seeing pics of you with the Padres, Tycho, sounds like a really great day ahead of ya!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I'll probably hear of the biopsy results next week actually - but if there's bad news, they'll contact me sooner.
    I hope everything goes well, Jeff (of the 501st and Eric donation) I found had to head back to the Clevland clinic, as his creatinine levels were at 3.0. Eric was told it could be for 3 reasons:
    1) A rejection episode
    2) Medication issues
    3) A virus

I know you had some issues, and hopefully those are under control now.