Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 LastLast
    BobaFrett's right. The surgery was postponed until Thursday at 3:30pm. It's going to suck because I have to not eat from midnight on! By the time the op's over, it will be 4:30, and I'll be waking up even later than that! Michelle's taking off of work to take care of me - a good part of all of this, though if I wake up hungry, I am not going to be pleasant to be around until I have a hamburger!

Since it hurts me, I wonder if I have Saurins there? I could use at least 6 more (Hrchek kal Fas) and HTS's been out and I haven't gone into the stores hunting, though I'm hearing I probably should now that folks are finding the new ESB wave! But I won't be able to drive for a little bit after surgery.

Thanks for helping me be brave JabbaJohn. You've really been a trooper around these boards for a long time now!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Jeez, that is an unhealthy amount of time to go without nutrition, only to then have to recover from surgery. I wonder if your doc would allow you a Nepro or an Ensure anytime up to 8 hours before the surgery, the concern with food & anesthesia is vomiting but that's a LONG time to go without. At the very least, maybe they could get you a banana-bag or other IV nutrients when you go into the hospital before surgery.

You'll be ok though, it's a fairly routine surgery for them from what you told me, right? And your googly-eyed Saurins will still be out there when you're up and around. Speaking of which, when will you be able to do normal stuff like go to Target?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Speaking of which, when will you be able to do normal stuff like go to Target?
    Oh - any time I'm motivated to - which I'm less inclined for these days because of holiday shopping anyway.

Of the new ESB wave, I only want:

2 black Bespin Guards
    8 or so Ice Cream Maker Guys (background use everywhere)
    1 R2-X2 if I don't already have that droid from an EE exclusive set or something

I still want 6 more Saurins (Hrchek Kal Fas)

I think Hasbro Toy Shop will take care of it just fine most likely.

I'll get 1 alien Utriss M'Toc Bespin Guard later when that figure's released.

I'm not sure what else there is to go to the store for.

Maybe finding nothing I want there would be fun on strong pain medication, but the consequences of driving over there (even if Target is only 1 block) aren't really worth it.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

looking at what you bought in a drug induced state may not be as much fun

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jax View Post
    looking at what you bought in a drug induced state may not be as much fun
    I didn't get that. Any Star Wars I buy should be fun, right?

I don't know if I'll shop right after surgery, though I had to get my Aayla Secura from SideShow that one day...

In any event, I already have a list I just go off of.

In another note, at a special Awards Luncheon, I had the tapes of me batting reviewed by SAN DIEGO PADRES manager Jed Hoyer! A lot of the team was there, and I met with Head Coach Bud Black. Some of the players I've known for longer and I spent most of my time visiting with 3rd base Kevin Kouzmanoff. Heath Bell, Tony Gwynn, Jr, Kevin Correia, and Kyle Blanks were there, too! David Eckstein and Adrian Gonzalez couldn't make it.

I met with Glenn Hoffman, of Trevor's immediate family and he asked for my contact information to pass along to Trevor and relate to him my kidney transplant situation. I told him I'd love for the now-Milwaukee-Brewer Hoffman to have BobaFrett as his guest if Barry can make it up to a Milwaukee homegame. Hoffman likes the Cubs too, Barry. His eyes lit up when he was talking about Chicago, though I must confess I'm not aware why (no diss on the Cubs intended - what I mean is I don't know if the older Hoffman ever played for Chicago or something of that nature). Hoffman (1st base coach) asked me if I were a Cubs fan, too. I told him I finished high school out there in the suburbs of Chicago, but that Barry was the true fan. Anyway, my next attempt to get in contact with Trevor has been made.

(For those who don't know yet, All-Star Greatest Saves Pitcher Trevor Hoffman has lived his entire life with 1 kidney, his other being removed when he was only 11 years old. I think his story helped BobaFrett here know that he could live life normally with only 1, making it safe for him to be my living donor. Now with each of us only having one kidney, Barry and I have to figure out how to also get into Major League Baseball's Hall of Fame.)

Anyway, I'll probably post the pictures in the "beisbol" thread in General Discussion, as I shot them but am not in any of them. I didn't want to bother Kouzmanoff or anyone else to take pictures. We were having lunch and talking.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-1B
    How did they end up inside of you?
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Boss Nass was in your hernia with OOM-9? Holy crap, that must've hurt!
    Oops, poor phrasing on my part . . . but the worst part was when Boss Nass started doing his tourette's routine; there was just slobber everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    1 R2-X2 if I don't already have that droid from an EE exclusive set or something
    The black-and-white R2-X2 was released in the EE set, but this is a repaint to make the black parts olive green, since he looked black at the briefing but was actually olive green as seen in the hangar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

Maybe finding nothing I want there would be fun on strong pain medication, but the consequences of driving over there (even if Target is only 1 block) aren't really worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I didn't get that. Any Star Wars I buy should be fun, right?
    finding/buying star wars is always good. but if you can't find anything you want, you may be disappointed once you come off the drug high and realize what it was you actually purchased.

I just talked to Josh, he's out of surgery and now awake. Everything seems to have gone quite well, and in a little while he will be able to eat food.

Of course, just before he hit the hospital, he did a figure hunt and found a few.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's some hardcore devotion. Glad to hear it went well!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I picked up issue number 114 of the Insider today, and in it toward the back is a blurb and a picture of Josh and I, as well as Jeff Romoanoff, and Eric Seemann, and the transplant. It's in the catogory "Best Gifts". I'm getting hungry.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!