Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

A Tycho's Health Update

Some people asked and I don't mind posting the news.

My kidney transplant operation which could save me and restore my health for many years is scheduled for October 21.

I am often sick now - ill in the stomach, pained in my legs, tired a lot of the time unless I'm really excited about something - that sort of thing. And I already feel like I have to take too much medication - just wait until after the transplant!

Anyway, that's about all the news for right at the moment. Now you're up-to-date.

I hope all goes well Tycho. As ever, sorry to hear you've got health troubles.

October 21 is my birthday. I'd consider it quite the appropriate birthday gift for you to make sure everything goes okay with your surgery. Good luck, and we're thinking about you.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Some people asked and I don't mind posting the news.

My kidney transplant operation which could save me and restore my health for many years is scheduled for October 21.

I am often sick now - ill in the stomach, pained in my legs, tired a lot of the time unless I'm really excited about something - that sort of thing. And I already feel like I have to take too much medication - just wait until after the transplant!

Anyway, that's about all the news for right at the moment. Now you're up-to-date.
    Who is the donor?

Hopefully you'll understand if Tycho wishes not to divulge this information. That is something that should really be kept between himself and the donor, unless they both agree to release that info.

I'm just glad he's getting the operation soon.

Hang in there pal! I look forward to coming out to San Diego and putting you straight on dioramas, L.O.L.!

(And no I'm not the donor.)
    Move along, move along

Good luck on the 21st Tycho,

WTFBWY my friend
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

October is a good luck month!

And if it isn't, after your operation you'll be able to say it is!
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Awesome, Tycho. It must be nerve-wracking counting down the days, but in the long run you're going to feel SO much better. I haven't been keeping super close tabs on this whole thing for the last few months, so I'm very happy to read there's a donor and that the op is so soon.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Thanks for your well-wishes guys.

Figrin: what if I meant my Masterpiece Megatron? If I transform him into a Walther P-38 handgun and run around the hospital high on morphine with my Darth Vader helmet on - they'll evacuate the building and call for SWAT!

Just don't forget to don a nurse outfit and walk around like you've got a world record wedgie.

Hope all goes well for you, and I suggest taking up a MMORPG so it seems like there is no time between now and Oct. 21st. I swear, MMORPGs may as well be declared time machines, you lose entire weeks.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"