Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Tyco, you have my thoughts and prayers. I wish you the best in your operation.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    What's a 4-banger? I have no idea what that means.
    It refers to the number of kidneys in his body, similar slang to cylinder engines. It's easier surgically to "sew in" the vasculature/inervation of the new kidney than to remove and reattatch from my understanding (and I understand the neurological side of it much better than the nephrology).

So at the momen, you would be a 3-banger.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Good luck with your operation. We'll all be glad to hear from you after its done.

Oh you'll hear from me! I will be on heavy meds to negate my immune system attacking the new kidney since it's not from my own body.

While they adjust me to the new kidney (and I'll still have to take some anti-rejection drugs for the rest of my life) - I won't be able to go out in public - or at least not without a filter mask.

(I'll be buying that Darth Vader voice changer helmet for use in this regard -but I'll also wear the hospital issued medical air filter underneath the black helmet and face mask - but Darth Vader WILL BE REBORN! No I'm not kidding. I'm having this transplant awfully close to Halloween anyway.)

But anyway, SSG has always been part of this nerd's social life, so I bet I'll be online even more. My posts while on heavy medication should be great!

Last night when I was on the phone with JediTricks, I told him "I was having this operation so I could transform Megatron." Unfortunately I remember that. And I'll face up to it, because otherwise, I'm sure he'll post it anyway, soon as he logs on. (I remember that, JT. I just don't know how I mixed up my thoughts so bad in order to say that. In any event, I guess I'll pack Megatron with my things I'm taking to the hospital. Maybe that was a sign from Micahel Bay that he'll still be of some use.)

OK, I gotta go. I'll be way late for dialysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    My posts while on heavy medication should be great!
    I have seen the results of medicated posting in the past (okay, the user was only medicated by Malibu rum) and it's some of the most classic e-anarchy I've encountered. Let's hope you're a peach when you're wrecked as well!!!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

This is great news all around!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Good luck with the surgery Tycho.

Look, if they can bury a monolith (TMA-1) in you, a kidney should be a piece of cake!

The combination of Vader voice-changer and medication oughtta make for some interesting conversations, too.

Anyway, all the best to you and I hope things go well.
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

That's great news Tycho! I'm happy for you. Oh, and posts when you're high on meds should be great. And you have to get someone to get a picture of you with your new breathing mask. We demand pictures for black mail!

Tycho, I hope everything goes well for you.

Personally I think you should take Powerglide instead of Movie Megatron, though.