Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859 LastLast
    Well, I just had my three year follow up with my doctor, and all tests were good. However, my cholesterol level was around 124, and the doctor says I need to get it below 100. Other than that, everything else was normal, and the increased cholesterol had nothing to do with the kidney donation, and everything to do with all the junk I eat.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    Well, I just had my three year follow up with my doctor, and all tests were good. However, my cholesterol level was around 124, and the doctor says I need to get it below 100. Other than that, everything else was normal, and the increased cholesterol had nothing to do with the kidney donation, and everything to do with all the junk I eat.
    Do you mean 200, or is the 100 just for the bad cholesterol?

The 100 is for the bad cholesterol, I'm currently at 124. The doctor didn't give me the numbers for my good cholesterol. I think he had the test for that done because of my weight and my age.

Happy Transplantaversary!

Thanks. You too! It was great catching up on the phone with you tonight, 'Frett.

Glad you got my snail-mail for you as well.

Very soon we'll have baseball to talk about, too!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Way to go not dying. Both of you, really, since all operations come with risk.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Today marks the 5th year anniversary of the greatest thing that ever happened on SSG!

A huge thank you to BobaFrett who donated his kidney and literally saved my life! (there are not words to convey the gratitude, but I have to post something.)

My health is better than it was before my brain aneurysm.

Many from this site knew me before even that (2005) or my health decline up to my transplant (2009) and I have remarkably recovered to full health - even better health - since long before then.

Physically, I've been back playing baseball (I play this Saturday) and riding horseback doing my Civil War re-enactments to help present at a great market for my novels I've wrote.

Philanthropically I've been counseling patients with kidney failure for going on 6 years now, and helping others get through what I did through Scripps Hospitals. I am scheduled to see 14 patients on this Wednesday. I am so grateful, I feel I must always continue to give back.

In community service, I have funded and implemented new trash truck service for an under-represented area of my home city of San Diego and as of last Monday, opened a new US Post Office to save the local one from closure amidst a growing community of home-owners, home-renters, active-military and veterans, as well as working-homeless who live with friends and in their vehicles using the postal service for a permanent address while they work to improve their lives.

I'll attach pictures later since it's a different subject and I'm going to make a gen. disc. post with regards to that, but I have other work keeping me busy for the moment.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I am glad my old kidney has served you well! I am also glad that you are taking care of your self, and your health is better than before. I still remember your voice the first time we ever communicated, you sounded so depressed. It's a whole lot better talking with you now, so upbeat and full of life! I am glad to have been able to help out a friend in need!

Here are a couple pictures from the "Living Donor" wall at Scripp's that Josh sent me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-04_21-54-18_421.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	28188   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-04_21-54-27_476.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	28187  

Here is a picture that was drawn by Author/Illustrator Mr. Jeffrey Brown. He wrote a couple of Children's books, and was doing a reading a month or so ago at a Library. Since I was going to be out of town the weekend of that event, I had a fellow 501st member take the books with him to have them signed. I also enclosed a copy of the article from the Bantha Tracks about the surgery. After I got back, I received an e-mail from the guy who took my books to be signed asking me to send the author my address so he could mail my books back directly to me. He was nice enough to draw and colorize a picture of me in my Stormtrooper armor and Josh in a Jedi cloak, as ell as signing my books and adding color to those as well. The books were a Fathers day gift from my step daughter. I made a copy of the illustration by the author and made a card for my 5 year anniversary of the Transplant surgery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-11-09 002 001.jpg 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	28191   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-11-09 001 001.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	28190   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-11-08 001 001 (2).jpg 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	28189  

BF, those are absolutely awesome!
    "That's what Sheev said."