Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CF Executor and MM Skyhopper "Prototypes" on eBay

Not sure about these but thought folks would be interested.

Damn, that Collector Fleet Executor looks nice without the garish blue... I still ain't got a big CF Executor.

Is this a proto or is it a variant that someone's seen before? I think it's legit. Going for $100 with no bids yet... not bad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Super-...d=p3286.c0.m14

I don't know diddley-squat about MM protos so I'll leave it for others to comment on the T-16. It does look different than the regular one, though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MICRO-MACHINES-S...d=p3286.c0.m14

Happy bidding and don't forget my finder's fee!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b0a7_1.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	18251   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b198_1.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	18252   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d686_1.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	18253  
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

The Skyhopper does appear to be sharper than the usual production version, but I haven't looked at my production copy in quite a while. It'd be interesting to find out if they got it from the same person that graced our lives with his Galoob-Divinity awhile back.

I've got no clue about the Super Star Destroyer, although a normal one goes for around $100 it seems, so no doubt that will sell for the starting price or more.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

$187???? Wow, I'm glad I found it at retail, and only paid $20. That, was pure luck, it was the first and only time I seen it.

And that proto micro Skyhopper is nice, alot better then the regular one we got released.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

That Skyhopper is missing its gun. I wonder if it's the one that was made for the Tatooine playset.

Nice find on the SSD, that thing never fails to sell high. I was lucky to get mine, a buddy has been pestering me for a solid DECADE to sell it to him. The "city" being gray is a big improvement.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Mo' MM "Prototypes"

Saw the MM Cloud City and Probot "protos" on eBay today... again, I don't collect 'em but I can't believe the prices they're going for... the Skyhopper proto went for $102!

LTBasker, I'm not sure whom you mean by "Galoob-Divinity" but this seller is the same guy from Melbourne Florida. He seems to know a lot about coldcasts, first shots, and protos... check out the auctions for more.

That $187 CF Executor makes some sense to me (so very nice in that colour, drool), but $102 for a tiny chunk of resin? Ah well, collectors are utterly mad.

Now, where are my meds?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4c26_1.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	18286   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56d1_1.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	18287  
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

I only hope a real collector gets them...
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I'm not surprised about the CF SSD because a buddy of mine sold a production version for slightly more a few months back. People never stopped hungering for that rare piece.

I am surprised about the Galoob protos, glad to hear there's still interest enough to warrant that, though I don't approve of those types of prices.

I thought we already had the proto for Cloud City dealt with in the forums a while back. Didn't one of the gang buy that one? It's been a while and there were a lot of protos, so I could be way off, but I thought it was.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, I'm quite sure that Bespin was one of the many protos acquired during that time, although I recall our Galoob-God mentioning that Micro-Machines had four prototypes made, I'm not sure if that was for every single one, or just the Trek ones though.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Galoob divinity would be Jim Fong...aka JKF

Ross
    Great Traders - cloneemperor, Val Da Car, Kidhuman
    Sorely Missed - R2Dee2 & Vulcantouch

Not sure of who that is, I'm thinking of a completely different person. I would just simply say his account name, but I did that a couple of years or so back and was informed that Hasbro was quite iffy about stuff like that getting out, so it was best not to mention names.