Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    I am sorry but G.L lost the ability to tell a good story along time ago, the Prequels proved this, however G.L aint writing the New Clone Wars, and so far it is pretty good, much better than the Prequel Movies we have seen so far, like I said this has taken the Star Wars universe back to its square roots, Pop-Corn and Serials like Flash Gordon.
    That's impossible. The Clone Wars is the worst thing ever. I know it's true, because I read it on the Internet.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Damn I must be wrong, oh well I like being wrong, .
    I would like to thank these people - Jediguy, El Chuxter

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace View Post
    That's impossible. The Clone Wars is the worst thing ever. I know it's true, because I read it on the Internet.
    I'll take that argument any day!
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace View Post
    Well, I know its true because I watched the first 2 episodes. Truly, beyond a shadow of a doubt, for 7 year olds. Even if Lucas wasn't directly involved his influence is obvious with all the battle-droid non-hilarity. Skipping the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    Well, I know its true because I watched the first 2 episodes. Truly, beyond a shadow of a doubt, for 7 year olds. Even if Lucas wasn't directly involved his influence is obvious with all the battle-droid non-hilarity. Skipping the rest.
    Sounds to me like you are taking Star Wars a little too seriously. Lighten up a bit. I think the Battle Droid humor is my favorite part of the show so far. The Jedi are just so somber and boring that it's nice to have a little bit of humanity in the series (even if the droids are the most human characters in the cartoon so far).
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I think I might (might) like the battle droids more if they sounded less like they do (and did in ROTS) and more like they did in TPM and AOTC. It would help if they acted that way, too, but start with the voices.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I think I might (might) like the battle droids more if they sounded less like they do (and did in ROTS) and more like they did in TPM and AOTC. It would help if they acted that way, too, but start with the voices.
    I think they're awesome, but hopefully they get more outrageous and over the top as the series goes on. The show needs some life and, unfortunately, the Jedi are not going to provide that. Hopefully, they develop the clones a little more as well.

They have always looked comical and have never been threatening or foreboding, so why not play up on that?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I dunno, until TPM I just don't remember there being anywhere near the amount of reliance on slapstick for the humour in star wars. Back then we found the humour in believable and therefore naturally funny character interactions rather than the contrived kiddy pandering crap we've been forcefed since TPM. Not that the OT was totally free of it, but it was never this jarring...no pun intended. You'll probably say I'm wearing rose-tinted spectacles but I think you've been at least partially desensitised by the necessarily lowered expectations ever since TPM.

I am going to have to disagree with you BB.

Now dont get me wrong I love the New Clone Wars, however I did also say they would have to change a few things and the stupidness of the Battle Droids is one of them, the other one is getting someone who has a little bit more life in them for doing the opening announcements, get the guy who done Starships Troopers announcements.
    I would like to thank these people - Jediguy, El Chuxter

I'm just a little frustrated by Sunday night's episode, since after almost ten years, we finally get a chance to have Plo Koon's character developed onscreen and they give him the personality of an ironing board.

I find myself actually being entertained by the silly battle droids and bored to tears by the Jedi.