Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    Damn I must be wrong, oh well I like being wrong, .
    I live for it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    I'll take that argument any day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    Well, I know its true because I watched the first 2 episodes. Truly, beyond a shadow of a doubt, for 7 year olds. Even if Lucas wasn't directly involved his influence is obvious with all the battle-droid non-hilarity. Skipping the rest.
    The real hookup--from what I understand--is to watch the Holiday Special. That was back when Lucas always hit 'em out of the park and no one had the Internet to call foul ball.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

There was a time when everything Lucas touched was golden, then came that movie about duck sex.....
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I find myself actually being entertained by the silly battle droids and bored to tears by the Jedi.

The jedi weren't anything but boring in the prequel films either. Added to the comedy battle droids its all pretty consistent for Lucas' modernday ethos of what Star Wars is.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    The jedi weren't anything but boring in the prequel films either. Added to the comedy battle droids its all pretty consistent for Lucas' modernday ethos of what Star Wars is.
    Well, it's not a modern development at all. Watch the Droids and Ewoks cartoons. The Ewok Battle in ROTJ and read about the "rough cut" of ANH. It was full of the same silly, slapstick humor. However, back in 1976, Lucas had very little pull in Hollywood and the studio wasn't happy with his "bizarre sense of humor," thus they threatened to take the movie away from him if he didn't start making a better movie.

For instance, in the Death Star there was a sequence where Han, Luke, Leia, and Chewie were running to the Falcon and they would come upon a formation of Stormtroopers. They would then hide their weapons behind their backs and start casually walking, looking up and the ceiling and whistling, exactly like something you'd see in a Bugs Bunny or Tom & Jerry cartoon. The Stormtroopers would then continue on down the hallway, none the wiser.

So, Lucas' sense of humor hasn't changed, the difference is that the more success he enjoys, the fewer restraints he has placed upon him and the more he is able to express his bizarre humor without resistance.

ESB was the Star Wars film that Lucas was the least personally involved in and it's often seen as the most dark and "adult" of the films.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    For instance, in the Death Star there was a sequence where Han, Luke, Leia, and Chewie were running to the Falcon and they would come upon a formation of Stormtroopers. They would then hide their weapons behind their backs and start casually walking, looking up and the ceiling and whistling, exactly like something you'd see in a Bugs Bunny or Tom & Jerry cartoon. The Stormtroopers would then continue on down the hallway, none the wiser.

I just wet myself!

Oh yeah you're right BigBarada. I've even used that in arguments before. Lucas himself has always been that way inclined. He actually didn't get to make the films he wanted to make with the Original trilogy. The rest of us got lucky that for the most part his more asinine humour was wisely rejected by people in power.

But yet he claims Jaxxon is to silly, but I have just found out from you, that he wanted to put this tom and jerry humor in Star Wars, damn.
    I would like to thank these people - Jediguy, El Chuxter

All this talk of Lucas' humor makes me wonder what it would be like if everytime Tom mistook that kangaroo for Jerry, he faced off with Jar Jar instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    All this talk of Lucas' humor makes me wonder what it would be like if everytime Tom mistook that kangaroo for Jerry, he faced off with Jar Jar instead.
    I think you have your cartoon cats mixed up. Sylvester and son were the ones that faced off against the kangaroo.

I think MSP is right on this, however it would be funny no matter what, .
    I would like to thank these people - Jediguy, El Chuxter