Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Those who have the greatest potential for good also have the greatest potential for evil. Anakin needed to be shown as this pure-hearted, innocent young boy to contrast with who he would become. The tragedy of it all is more pronounced that way.

Satan was the Angel of Light, the most powerful of all the angels and the only being who was considered second to God. Thus, all of that potential for good also created the potential for a massive fall that changed the course of the entire creation for all eternity.

So, I believe Lucas started off on the right foot, for the most part; but lost his way somewhere in the process and didn't realize it until it was too late.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The irony is that Lucas said on I forget which commentary, Anakin's fall is really about the road to hell being paved with good intentions. Pot, Kettle Black. It's in the plaid.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

We can blame Lucas for alot of things, but the story for the prequel trilogy was there and was good. The novel adaptations prove that. I enjoy all three books alot more than the movies themselves. The good conversations, like the one mentioned by El Chuxter, in the books either never made it into the films or were great rewrites by the authors.

Lets face it, three elements ruined the movies. Anakin played by Christenson/Lloyd, the forced love story, and Jar Jar. You take away these three things and you have three pretty good movies. Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, and Ian McDiarmid were excellent and Natalie Portman was decent although no Carrie Fisher.

Imagine being able to watch the Phantom Menace, with Jar-Jar digitally removed and Emmanuel Lewis digitally replacing Jake Lloyd. Tell me that wouldn't be a ten times better movie.

As for the clone wars series, I enjoy it, except the Jar-Jar episode. The movie was the best intro into the series, the Malenvence trilogy would have sufficed better. I don't hate Anakins apprentice and I know she will have to die in the series so thats cool. I don't mind the battle droid humor and enjoy Grievous destroying the droids when he gets ticked off.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    three elements ruined the movies. Anakin played by Christenson/Lloyd, the forced love story, and Jar Jar.
    I agree with 1.5 of those reasons. The love story was forced and Hayden Christensen was not the right choice for Anakin. Jake Lloyd did just fine and I liked Jar Jar a lot.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis