Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Questions for Hasbro Transformers

Hasbro is doing a bi-monthly Q&A for their Transformers brand, so since we have a decent TF group around here, I figured we'd jump into that.

* - Keep in mind that the Crossovers brands - Star Wars and Marvel - are not handled directly by the TF team, so while they'll be considered, it's not going to be the main focus.

* - Also, Hasbro suggests not asking questions about the '09 movie right now as they're not answering any at this time.

I'm not sure what to expect from this program yet, so for this round, just post your questions here and I'll choose the ones that we'll send in. You can also throw weight behind any others you choose.

I'd like to see the question posed (even if it's for the 90th time) about re-releasing Thrust, Dirge, and Thundercracker, even if as online exclusives and/or with minor paint changes, especially in light of the upcoming Starscream repaint.

Sunstorm might be another good Seeker to ask about.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

My only question would be are we ever going to see Bumblebee in his true form as a Volkswagon Beetle? Is there some kind of licensing problem with VW that doesn't allow them to use the design?

Seeing him as that little Japanese car or as a Camaro just doesn't seem true to the character.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

From what I understand, the German people don't like the idea of any recognizably German product transforming into a warrior. Or at least that's what the Volkswagen company thinks. (There's obviously no problem with Megatron turning into a German handgun.)

Of course, I'm not sure why that would preclude Bumblebee transforming into any of the dozen or so other foreign cars that look exactly like Beetles....
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    From what I understand, the German people don't like the idea of any recognizably German product transforming into a warrior. Or at least that's what the Volkswagen company thinks. (There's obviously no problem with Megatron turning into a German handgun.)

Of course, I'm not sure why that would preclude Bumblebee transforming into any of the dozen or so other foreign cars that look exactly like Beetles....
    If that's what it is, then that's extremely lame.

As for the Walther P-38, it's probably because those pistols aren't manufactured anymore. Besides, Megatron hasn't been a gun for a very long time, which is another problem I have with the modern incarnations of the G1 Transformers.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada
    If that's what it is, then that's extremely lame.
    I don't know about you, but the combination of Germany and warriors usually doesn't instill me with warm, fuzzy thoughts.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Here's a possible wording for my Seekers question:

"Although we realize that Hasbro and the Transformers Collectors Club would like to keep the BotCon exclusives as unique as possible, the demand for the remaining three 'Seeker' Decepticons (Thrust, Dirge, and Thundercracker) is enormous. An upcoming Starscream figure looks to be a repaint of the Classics figure from two years ago in a more cartoon-accurate paint scheme. Since these other three Seekers had minor color differences in their various incarnations, could it be possible that they could see a wider release in altered versions that could not easily be mistaken for the BotCon versions (especially since Thrust and Dirge also required new wings which are, so far, unique to these releases)?

And while we're on the subject of repainted Seekers, can we expect a Sunstorm in the future as well?"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

That damn rerelease of Starscream SHOULD be Sunstorm or a repaint of the botcon seekers!!

Q: Will the Universe and Animated lines continue along side new movie product for 2009? If not, are there plans for them to return towards the end the movie lines run?

when they gonna make a new version of kup?