Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    I have no idea how this wasn't on their radar before the way it is now. So strange, but out of the darkness comes a little light, in the form of a potential avenue to try.

Also, Hasbro answered my other site's questions a day after we got ours here back. Here's TFviews':
    http://www.tfviews.com/news/main/hasbro-q-and-a/455
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

2 weeks to go before the submission deadline, let's get some questions coming in!

I'll start.

With movie 2's Sideswipe, why to the tailpipes slide in and out?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Will Hasbro release Devastator's testacles as an add-on accessory or is it too late to include them with the Ultimate Combiner Set? He just won't be complete without his balls.

Is a Leader Class Grindor (Blackout) now possible?

Does The Fallen warrant a Leader Class toy?

Does Tycho have any more questions about Leader Class products?

Will Ironhide be re-released in his true-to-the-movie black color?

How big is Soundwave supposed to be in "movie reality?" Would he be Voyager or Leader Class?

Scout Class is more accurate a size for Arcee and Chromia. Will there be Scout versions of these characters?

A Bonecrusher-type vehicle (that was obviously another Decepticon) can be seen in ROTF. Would a Voyager Class or Leader Class be finally warranted for this character? Deluxe was way too small.

What happened to Barricade in the movies?

Will Hasbro make a Voyager Class Ice Cream Truck version of Mudflap and Skids?

What are the plans and pending sizes for more Constructicons sold individually, specifically: Long Haul, Scrapper, and Scavenger? Is there one more that's missing?

Will the Human Alliance assortment continue beyond Barricade with Frenzy, SideSwipe with Epps, and Skids / Arcee with Mikaela? How about Rampage with imprisoned Ron Witwicky, or Mudflap with Simmons? Is Ironhide too large for a Human Alliance and could he come with Lennox? How will Lennox see release? He's the team commander.

How about a Human Alliance Optimus Prime with a hologram driver modeled after Peter Cullen?

Could a Human Alliance figure of Alice (Isabel Lucas) be made and come with another Decepticon like Sideways?

Will there be a more accurate Scout Class version of Wheelie released?

Will there be more offerings in Transformers Animated beyond what was shown at Botcon 09?

How about a Human Alliance Optimus Prime with a hologram driver modeled after Peter Cullen?
    They actually asked this at Botcon, it was a no.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Will there be more offerings in Transformers Animated beyond what was shown at Botcon 09?
    JT, I want to rephrase this question a bit.

Transformers Animated has been a success among long time fans and kids alike and even with the launch of the Revenge of the Fallen line, Animated remains a steady seller. At Botcon there were a good amount of future offerings revealed for the line. The show cancellation notwithstanding, there is still tremendous untapped potential in terms of characters that could be produced for Animated. Will additional characters see the light of day into toy form and will the future of Animated depend upon sales of the upcoming releases?

Figgy B, that was asked at Botcon, I recorded it in my Hasbro panel write-up:
    http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?...articleid=3097

"Future TF:Animated releases in Universe packaging? No, stick with TF:A style for what's discussed today."

But then...

"What about making the rest of the Animated characters in Universe? They don't think there are current plans, but they continue to add TF:Animated into the line, that's where they'd fit in the future. But again, no plans right now."

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Will Hasbro release Devastator's testacles as an add-on accessory or is it too late to include them with the Ultimate Combiner Set? He just won't be complete without his balls.?
    I second this one, although I'm sure the answer is no and that we will have to wait until a fan creates it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Will Hasbro make a Voyager Class Ice Cream Truck version of Mudflap and Skids?
    I believe the answer is yes on this one. I saw one on the Transformers wiki website. Don't know if it is Voyager Class though.
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:ROTF_De...udflap_toy.jpg
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

That is a deluxe-class, and they indicated in the saturday Botcon panel that it was a goofy thing which made it a good thing, not something they were likely to do a lot of.

Well, here's what we're asking. Don't everybody thank me all at once.

What is the philosophy behind which characters get turned into leader-class figures? Why do Starscream and Brawl get leader-class figures while stuff like Bonecrusher, Blackout/Grindor, or The Fallen do not? What does the decision-making process there look like? And what can fans who want some of those to get made do to persuade Hasbro to go for it?

While we have now heard and understand why Hasbro didn't produce ROTF Constructions that both combined and transformed (although there are still fans who disagree with your reasons), there still remains other questions being asked about these guys. Why produce only 4 of the significant ROTF Constructicons as individual figures yet leave out others like Scrapper and Hightower? And how did such seemingly non-toyetic robot designs like one with only a head and arms and wheels with no body or another with a 'jackhammer' uni-leg come about when, even for the movie aesthetic, they are pretty far out there for a movie basically about a toy line?

Comparing the 2007 movie line's "Automorph" concept to the ROTF line's "Mech Alive" concept, it seems like Mech Alive comes up pretty short. Not only does Mech Alive seem not as dynamic or fun, but largely there is a sense that the whole thing doesn't even fully deliver on the concept except on 1 figure (voyager-class Starscream), either because of underwhelming features (Breakaway's spinning gatling gun, Skids & Mudflap's moving chest panels and head-bobbing, Rampage's moving jackhammer pistons Sideswipe's knee armor, Wheelie's faction logos, The Fallen's slide-out energy panels, Megatron's spinning gears), or Mech Alive gimmicks that get packaging mentions but were dropped from the final toys (Sideways' spinning blade and untold left arm gimmick, Chromia's non-existent spinning gears, Starscream's pop-out missile launchers). What does the TF team feel about the matter, do they agree this was a bit of a dropped ball, or are fans not really "getting it"? Will we see Mech Alive continue into TF's future the way Automorph has been carried forward beyond the '07 movie line?
    (heh, almost forgot to actually ask a question there, I was literally about to hit "send" when I realized it had none of the five W's )

It's funny, for a group with a fairly active Transformers thread, we sure didn't get a lot of Q&A activity this time around.