Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

V: The Second Generation

Speaking of Mark Singer (see Terminator TSCC season 2 thread) it appears that he will be reprising his role as Mike Donovan for the new mini-series "V: The Second Generation" set for release in 2009.

IMDB lists the following tag:

Twenty years ago, the Earth was taken. Now it's time to take it back.
    Okay, first of all "V" was released in 1983, this being 2009 (release date) it seems the tag should be "More than 25 years ago, the Earth was taken. Now it's time to take it back."

Anyway, I was a fan of the original and I will likely tune in. With special effects what they are today I hope they will do some really cool stuff.
    May the force be with you.

I really liked the original show as a kid so I'll be watching for this. I hope the Visitors are once again led by attractive women. Oh yeah!
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I always liked the way they ate rats. Their freaky mouths would open wide. Pretty good effect for the 80's
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I am so watching this show.
    I really should be working. Really.

[FONT=Courier New]Sweet! V was such an awesome show. I can't wait to see this.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]The 80's had some of the best 1 hour action/drama shows.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

This could be a great series to get back into.....the show really fell short of the miniseries (mostly because of budget cuts).

My understanding is that this is not a re-boot, but picking up where the old series left-off?
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Well the last part of V showed a bunch of hot air balloons dropping red dye from the gondolas to kill the aliens or make them leave. I found that kinda cheezy at the time because it was actual footage of the International Balloon Fiesta here in Albuquerque. But hey it was the 80's.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

The ending with them dropping the dust was quite lame. Even as a kid I couldn't quite rap my mind around how a few balloons dropping a few pounds of red dust would lead to the demise of every darn Visitor.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port View Post
    The ending with them dropping the dust was quite lame. Even as a kid I couldn't quite rap my mind around how a few balloons dropping a few pounds of red dust would lead to the demise of every darn Visitor.
    As Diana had explained when she realized the Red Dust was ineffective after her escape, in cooler regions the virus multiplies and thrives but in warmer climates like Los Angeles the virus withers and dies.

And as for the IMDB listing, that's been on there for years. In 2002 NBC announced that V: The Second Generation was coming but changed their minds when they saw how expensive it would be to produce and with tepid sales and mixed reviews of Kenny's V:The Second Generation novel I doubt we'll see this mini-series come to pass. I spoke to Kenny Johnson and Marc Singer about it at Comic Con 2006 and Kenny said he was having dinner with Marc to discuss returning for the new mini-series but here's what Kenny had to say on his most recent website update:

Update 9/13/08 -- Kenny, along with several noted producers and financiers
    are working diligently to get V before the cameras as a theatrical motion
    picture we can all be proud of. Ignore all other rumors -- the real deal will be
    announced here as soon as possible.

If V follows the BSG formula (character driven plots with sufficiently cool special effects) this will be a terrific reboot of a great story!
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.