Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Hasbro gonna make a Dak Ralter figure?

I am not sure if I have heard this or not...is Hasbro planning on releasing a Dak Ralter snowspeeder gunner figure? I know they released one with a potf2 snowspeeder, but are they gonna update him? I thought I heard they said they were gonna resculpt him. True?????
    thanks
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

If you look at whats been brought out so far, you can see they are steadily updating all of the POTF2, Vintage and no doubts POTJ figures over time, so I would say there was a good chance of this happening, however I havent heard anything concrete about one being released.

They're making a new Snowspeeder, so chances are pretty good Dak'll get a new figure pretty soon (likely the Evo mold, hopefully with a head more like Janson's than Kesin's so it'll fit the helmet and not fall off the neck at the slightest touch).

Or, if they tweak the mold or sculpt a new one to make a new Snowspeeder Luke (and hopefully he'll only be SLIGHTLY shorter, rather than TOO short) then maybe Dak could be made with that mold. It'd be fun if Dak had a gunbelt like Luke, even if it meant a hole or peg in the belt meant for a saber hilt.

I'd like to see a new Dak figure using some of the Evolutions molds and new head sculpt with removable helmet.

i thinking if he does get made he'll be a pack-in with the snowspeeder or something and be sub par at best. i doubt we will ever see if single carded.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Even if they do pack him in with the snowspeeder then pretty sure all they have to do is reuse the Evo Snowspeeder pilot body, repaint the helmet from Kesin Ommis (all you have to do is paint the "starbird" blue and get rid of the stripe down the middle) and come up with a head sculpt.

However, all of that might be moot because I seem to remember Hasbro saying that they were trying to get the snowspeeder into the $20 vehicle line some how which means there's no way you'd see a figure packed in with it. Also, it seems to me it might be just a little too big to fit in the boxes they use but I think I heard rummors about raising the price on those starfighter vehicles to $25. I guess a new snowspeeder would take a little of the sting out of that.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Actually, a more accurate new-sculpt Snowspeeder would be SMALLER than the existing vintage mold, so it'd have no problem fitting the $20 line. But good point that Dak wouldn't be included if that was the case... still, he's a pretty easy tweak no matter what, so chances are probably good he'll end up in a BP or other multipack eventually if not as a vehicle pack-in.

From sandtroopers.com Q&A:

1) Dear Hasbro, now that you have nearly perfected the snowspeeder pilot body via the new evo packs, what are the chances of getting an updated version of Dak Raltir (Luke's gunner)?

We really like the new body ourselves (and indeed, really like all of the new pilot bodies), and while he is not in any lineup right now, an updated Dak remains a possibility within the next few years.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Like I said they are steadily working through the Older Figures POTF2 to SAGA, and also re-visiting the Vintage line, so dont worry ten to one we will see everything we want remade, just some quicker than others.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    From sandtroopers.com Q&A:

We really like the new body ourselves (and indeed, really like all of the new pilot bodies), and while he is not in any lineup right now, an updated Dak remains a possibility within the next few years.
    WOOT! Maybe that means an updated Porkins too. (then Hasbro could re-use the head mold for the Indiana Jones line)

Quote Originally Posted by orionlukteel View Post
    WOOT! Maybe that means an updated Porkins too. (then Hasbro could re-use the head mold for the Indiana Jones line)
    Unfortunately the Indy line is dead. There'll be no more figures after the latest TOD wave.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.