Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

R.I.P. Paul Newman

Paul Newman passed away yesterday at 83 due to cancer.

Dude was an onscreen legend, a humanitarian, and a great person. He will be sorely missed.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 09-27-2008 at 09:18 AM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

One of my favorite films of all time is Cool Hand Luke. His persona was perfect for that role. He even lent dignity and style to the voice in Cars. A true Hollywood icon, but refreshingly humble and graceful, and his charities will be his tribute, too.

"What, we have here, is..."
    "That's what Sheev said."

Yes, I read the news today, and for once I will actually miss someone from the film industry.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

One of the well respected icons and truly great legends of Hollywood. A true family man, humanitarian, activist, philanthropist, and all around great guy.

He will be missed.
    May the force be with you.

Goodbye Reggie Dunlop.
    May your #7 be hoisted to the rafters.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I remember his racing team back when he had started doing it.

He had chosen the little humble Datsun 510, and was kicking everybody's *sses, who drove BWW 2002's and Alfa Romeos and other cars of that class.

That's how I learned about this car and went out and bought a used one. It was one of the first cars I ever owned. I never had so much fun in my life! Best handling car I ever had.

Thanks Paul
    RIP

I just read the news - and was shocked...that he was 83.

BTW - his best movie ever was Slap Shot.
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

A great actor who spanned generations. May he R.I.P.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Being Canadian I feel almost ashamed that my favorite Newman flick is "The Color of Money". He leaves a great legacy.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008