Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    JEDICOLE:

Thank you for your great post. It was really refreshing to read something so extremely insightful and articulately well-put.

As to the size of the cards comments, I really don't get them. I don't think Hasbro has any plans to change the card size to make them smaller. And I like the current size.

Blue with Jango Fett gets my vote. Maybe Jango and Slave-One. However, a double-feature picture is not necessary in my opinion.

But to CORRECT SOME MISINFORMATION, I thought I read that Hasbro was looking to come out with a card for ALL their 2002 releases, no matter which film they'd be from. Thus stores would have easier times ordering case assortments, and while most of the 02 figures would be from Episode 2, any General Dadonna or Luke Skywalker Ultimate Jedi figure we might get next year (Vader defelecting Han's blaster bolts) will be released on the same packaging as the Episode 2 figures. (Thus people will think there are Ewoks in the second prequel if they don't know better).

I didn't say I like this - and I would prefer Attack of the Clones cards, blue with Jango - but Hasbro's people did tell me they were considering a generic card for ALL Star Wars products to be released on next year. Get ready for Ephont Mon from Attack of the Clones! Or get ready for another disappointment.

Tycho,
    You make an interesting point in regard to ease of ordering for stores by virtue of the type of card. I've long contended that the Star Wars line's greatest strength (that it has the fanbase to stay on the shelves with no active film support) is at times its greatest weakness.
    Many of you have probably seen thoughts similar to these in my other posts here and in the old forums, so I will try to be as concise as possible. The bottom line is that most retail stores (Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, Target) do not understand the dynamics of a perpetual line like Star Wars. This is why you can go into a Target or Wal-Mart (the department stores that most actively promote and shelve "by line") and find huge portions of their toy department devoted to (near the release dates) Atlantis, Planet of the Apes, Jurassic Park III, and to a lesser extent so far, Lord of the Rings. This is because these are the "flash in the pan" lines. The toys arrive in advance of the supporting film's release and are dead often before the film leaves the theatres. They hold out for a month or so and then eventually find themselves remanded to the Clearance Aisle.
    Star Wars is a unique animal. It's always available. And constantly updated. However, especially in the department store scenario, the people in charge of reordering don't realize that Star Wars, though perpetual, is also ever-changing. So it seems that the poor hack charged with maintaining the toy aisles will look at pegs choked with Tusken Raiders, Elorrs Maddaks, Darth Mauls, and Choco-Wans and take that as "fully stocked shelves", not realizing that their corporate warehouses probably have cases of Emperor's Wrath Vaders and Shmis just waiting to be called into action.
    From the standpoint of orders/reorders, distinctive cards are helpful, only to the extent that the retailer is aware of the nature of the game. That not withstanding, I still prefer the seperate card for each new film line initially, as it makes it easier to spot that line on pegs of POTJ. In the end, the generic "mixed" makes good sense, as Hasbro would run out of Empire figures before any others (due to Empire's status as the most character poor, principal and background, film of the series to date).
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

I better keep JediCole out of trouble: what he meant about Empire was it had the least wardrobe changes for the main cast, and the least amount of aliens etc. due to no cantina or Jabba's Palace types of scenes.

I caught that before the whole Episode 5 was the best debate would begin all over again. JediCole can make his own commentary (and does that well) but his remarks were not about ESB's plot or character development for the main cast.

And to Cole, I applogize for paraphrasing you, but you recognize what misinterpretation could do, what with all the Empire's defenders out there?

Hands holding a ignited blue lightsaber!!!!!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

there is nobody on the corner of the card...just a lightsaber...got to starwars.com...

Originally posted by Tycho
    I better keep JediCole out of trouble: what he meant about Empire was it had the least wardrobe changes for the main cast, and the least amount of aliens etc. due to no cantina or Jabba's Palace types of scenes.
    Not true, Empire had probably the most costume changes for the main cast actually. Here's a breakdown:

Luke:
    Hoth Gear
    Bacta Tank Diaper
    Recovery Room Robe
    Snowspeeder/X-wing Gear
    Dagobah/Bespin Fatigues (with and without jacket)
    Medical Frigate outfit

Leia:
    Hoth Gear
    Bespin Gown
    Bespin Escape outfit (Hoth outfit without vest)
    Medical Frigate gown (dress from ANH)

Han Solo:
    Hoth Gear
    Bespin outfit
    Carbonite Chamber outfit (No jacket)
    Han Solo in Carbonite (Hehehe, had to use it)

All in all not bad, of course the rest of the charecters never change clothes, other then Lando loosing in the smugglers outfit at the end, but still...quite a few costume changes and variations.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks II
    Last edited by Beast; 10-25-2001 at 07:53 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by ki-adi mundi's bro
    there is nobody on the corner of the card...just a lightsaber...got to starwars.com...
    Hands holding the lightsaber is the image of the card for EP2!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

okay... we get to see someones hands...woopee!

Actually, if they used the same image as on the original ROTJ poster then those are George Lucas' hands! ooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yeah, I really don't care either....
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by ki-adi mundi's bro
    okay... we get to see someones hands...woopee!
    Very clean hands
    GNT
    ''