Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Realistic Clone Wars Figures?

Strictly hypothetical; Would you buy "realistic" Clone Wars figures? I recently saw a design for how they were able to develop the look of some of the figures for the animated line and in one instance they had created a "normal" figure to hybridize. I new immediately that I would buy figures that look like this one. I know Hasbro says they are acting under Lucasfilm's orders to focus all Clone Wars attention on the Animated line, but as some one who will not spend one dollar on those figures, I think they are missing out. Anyone else agree?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Of course.

I know I'd buy Ahsoka and Cody (Phase I armor), as well as Rex. Some of the other clones as well. I'd certainly buy several of a realistic line of CW characters.
    Move along, move along

i'd love to see realistic versions of the Clone Wars line. I think it would be cool to see these figures get that kind of treatment (later down the line....right now would be overkill) as well as some of the characters from the original Clone Wars line get an updated look.

although on the animated front would love to see a figure of animated Sidious with mechno chair - that figure would be awesome.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

No, I wouldn't buy realistic versions of these characters. I want to see the animated style line go on for a while longer, because there are still a bunch of cool characters to be made. Switching over to a realistic styling would be the best way to get me to stop buying these figures.

I think it's an eventuality, but the animated line has to run it's course.

Didn't Hasbro say there is a certain number in the current Clone Wars line, then it ends?
    I think after that we will see realistic style figures of these characters. I would buy most if not every one of them to put in dioramas that I already started with realistic and AOTC figures and ships.

It just makes sense on Hasbro's part to exploit it with more figures because they will be running out of characters to do anyways, and realistic style figures is what most collectors want.

The animated line is cool for what it is, and I have recently warmed up to it, but that's not what the majority wants.

I think it's gonna be some time before the CW line bites the dust. I think I read that Lucasfilm shot something like 100 episodes which is almost two years' worth of tv. I would assume that Hasbro would milk it for all they can and keep the figure line running as long as the show does. I think that maybe in time if these characters cross over into other media like the upcomming video game and comics then there is a good chance to see them in a realistic form down the line.

Right now I'm not sure how I feel about the show/movie. I find Ahsoka even more irritating than Jar Jar was but I like the idea of getting to see what other Jedi like Plo Koon and Kit Fisto were up to durring the Clone Wars. The quality of the show itself might determine whether or not I would buy figs or just try and forget the whole thing like the Holiday Special....
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5
    I think it's gonna be some time before the CW line bites the dust. I think I read that Lucasfilm shot something like 100 episodes which is almost two years' worth of tv.
    Each season is 22 episodes, so it's more like four and a half years' worth of TV. Damn! And they've said they can still go beyond those 100. And for the record, I don't think they've completed 100, just that that number was the original plan.

I don't understand the realistic clone war figures, then again I've never been into the EU figures either. I like the animated version of the figures, especially the ones from the 2D version some time back.
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

I have no clue what the thinking is regarding not making realistic style figures. I do agree they will eventually get around to it whether we bug them about it or not.

There are characters like Ahsoka that I would really like to have, but not enough to start collecting the animated figures. It kind of cheeses me off to know Hasbro could make the money on it and I could have it but an arbitrary decision prevents either of those events from happening.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I read somewhere that Lucasfilm wanted these figures done animated like the show, which probably was the logical thing to do.

Hasbro probably had intentions of doing them in realistic style to begin with, hence their answer that they were to be realistic in the beginning when asked.