Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite alien?

Post Favorite alien?

These were some of the most unusual and striking images and characters from the trilogy. The variety was always amazing and the details were still pretty good for pre-POTF2/POTJ quality. You could do anything with these figures; make them Rebels, Imperials, bounty hunters, whatever. Weird but cool!

Greedo
    Jawa
    Sand People
    Hammerhead
    Walrusman
    Snaggletooth
    Ugnaught
    Prune Face
    Nien Nunb
    Admiral Ackbar
    p.s. Chewbacca could fit the category, too, I guess.
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 02-18-2002 at 12:09 PM.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I'll take Snags (red version). A sentimental favorite, I guess Sure, he may have been fairly inaccurate but I was definately fooled!

Out of that list, I have to say Jawa.

Amanaman is my favorite though.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

D'HarHan.
    it was a human that got his head chopped off, and replaced with a laser cannon. communicated with a keypad, but could also communicate with a network of others. it was an old bounty hunter friend of Boba Fett's, found in the Bounty Hunter Wars.
    Beyond the Staples Center you can see America,
    With its tired, poor, avenging disgrace,
    Peaceful, loving youth against the brutality,
    Of plastic existence.

I always liked the Jawa and the Sand People.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Question

Originally posted by jw_bryant
    D'HarHan.
    it was a human that got his head chopped off, and replaced with a laser cannon. communicated with a keypad, but could also communicate with a network of others. it was an old bounty hunter friend of Boba Fett's, found in the Bounty Hunter Wars.

Uh, you have some Vintage figure I'm not aware of, JWB? These are toy favorites, not Expanded Universe ones. But it sounds like it'd been a cool one! Laser cannon heads rule! Arr!
    "That's what Sheev said."

In order of favourites

Jawa - Who doesnt like small creatures in little brown robes the cloth version is nice but not good as the other version
    Snaggletooth - One of my all time favourite figures,I love him because of his height and the fact that we dont know too mkuch about him,I'm still yet to find the Power Of The Jedi version
    Walrusman - Not good by todays standards and looked nothing like the actual character in the film so hopefully they'll release a new version of Ponda Soon
    Hammerhead - Ah the great old Hammerhead I remember all the fun times I had with him and for once a vintage figure looks better than its newer counterpart
    Sand People -I had so many of the sand people or RTusken raiders by todays name another great figure I had good times with and all of mine are still in good condition even better
    Prune Face - The who of the star wars films?I can remember when I saw him I went who?Then was the hard time to find him on the scren when I next watched the Returnof the jedi and has a great new figure to boot too
    Admiral Ackbar - Everything below mr Admiral Ackbar is not worthy of being a favourite figure,but when compared to the modern Admiral Ackbar or the soldier the vintage one is way better
    Ugnaught - More uglyer than todays versions but at least Kenner got the right head on the right body
    Nien Nunb - Another figure I dont really like,I just dont like his look and the fact that his new counterpart is pretty dull also
    Greedo - didn't really look like greedo and todays modern last version with the blast mark under the jacket is far better than any old greedo anyday
    Chewbacca should be in his own thread
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Man, this is a tough call. I'm torn between the Jawa and Sandpeople. I think I'll give the Jawa the edge becase of the cloth cape. Plastic capes rip too easily.

i didnt realize this was in the kenner vintage forum. i was just looking at the new posts list. stupid me.
    he (it?) was found in the Bounty Hunter Wars, an Expanded Universe book.
    Beyond the Staples Center you can see America,
    With its tired, poor, avenging disgrace,
    Peaceful, loving youth against the brutality,
    Of plastic existence.

Ugnaughts were cool. Although the Jawa and Snaggletooth would be contenders for the top spot also.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis