Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

12" Utapau Clone up next

Oops, I ruined the surprise. This one is going to cause a frenzy.
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....articleid=1697

First thing when I saw it, I uttered "oh shiiii*". About 30 seconds later, I looked again and realized they need to tune that helmet up in a few areas to get it right, and his biceps are tiny. Even in the preview photo, you can see the real one behind him has a much different helmet face - width of the visor, width of the "mouth", and the pinched in area under the mouth.

Still, this one will be big, no question.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm torn on this one. The only reason I would buy is to have a companion for a possible future Cody.

I'm really stoked for this one. If I got to pick the first ROTS Clone variant for Sideshow to produce, it would be this one. Had a little army of Hasbro figures of this guy on my desk at work for the longest time (along with Cody)....can't explain it, but this particular armor deco just looks cool to me.
    It helps that they're a part of the the Kenobi/Utapau scenes in ROTS...those scenes are among my favorites.

I'm also hoping this means Cody is on the planning board at Sideshow SOON, although I can see them working this particular armor with a lot of variations from Shock to 501st and a whole lot more before we get to any "specialty" Clones like Cody, Gree, Bly, Barc or Arc troopers....but this Utapau grunt is a great foot in the door!

Sideshow is being pretty bold having an actually film still behind him inviting comparisons....

The helmet thing is not catching my eye as much as the REALLY tiny wrists and how the shoulder pauldrons don't quite line up to present the orange chevron like the film (of course that could just be a futzing/posing issue). I'll probably be in the minority here, but I also like the distressed deco, especially if it's going to be pulled off well. Hell for army builders i know, but I don't think this variant SHOULD be presented "clean"...he's a field soldier, deployed and dirty from war...

Nits aside, I'm really pleased with this announcement. I've already got some environments and photo possibilities with ROTS Obi-Wan lined up.

Thanks, Sideshow...now bring on Cody!

I hope that Cody is on the drawing board for soon. I'm not interested in the Utapau clone however. It really looks cool, but I would have to get Cody 1st so I'll pass and wait for him.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

A quite nice figure but pass for me, doesn't fit my OT Imperials focus.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I can see Sideshow doing quite a few of these. We will probably see a 501st, which I might buy to be a companion to Sith-eyes Anakin-Vader.

I like the phase 1 armor better, so I would like to see some of those, but more along the lines of Fordo and the Muunilist 10 Arc Troopers.

Hopefully we won't be overwhelmed with clones like Hasbro.

I hear ya Blue2th...it's one thing to be flooded with 3 3/4" figures of every clone ever, but at what these Sideshow ones will cost....I shudder at the thought!

I will pick and choose carefully, more than likely sticking with ones that will compliment what I have in my collection already. A 501st for Sith Anakin, a Shock Trooper for Darth Sidious, etc...

I was just looking at some of the other Hasbro Clones (ROTS) like Cody, Airborne trooper, ARC & Barc. The basic Clone gear we're getting is basically the base for all of them so it shouldn't be a stretch for Sideshow to add the extras (a unique helmet, shoulder pauldrons, weapons belts, kamas. etc).

We know Sideshow is going to take full advantage of this Clone breakthrough in the 1:6 scale....my hope is that it's tempered with the whole currently available collection in mind or that if something "new" is offered (eg "Gree") that companion pieces aren't too far behind on the release schedule.

We'll see....

Utopau: I'll buy 1 and also Cody

501st: I'll probably have to buy 2

Shocktroopers: I might have to buy 2 (grrrrr!)

So that's $90 x 6 = $540

Grrrr. I don't think I need any regular white ROTS clones, or other specialty troopers.

While I'm sick of the Clone Wars in cartoon and literature (Save for "Order 66" by Karen Travis), SideShow's Armor Obi-Wan and Ventress are now getting tempting for me. That Obi-Wan is a really good figure!

Anyway, while SideShow can make a lot of money by rolling out the Clone repaints, I hope they do it slowly to give us some time to afford it all.

Yup, don't think many people will be army building with these. One or two as you say. I think at the most just one of each if that. Still Sidious would look better with two Shock Troopers.

I am more interested in the officers though.
    Lots of Companions to 12" figures we already have.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Bly also as well as a Gree as JB mentioned.

That Ventress is my favorite Sideshow figure thus far. She could be eclipsed by Obi-Wan though.

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    I'm really stoked for this one. If I got to pick the first ROTS Clone variant for Sideshow to produce, it would be this one. Had a little army of Hasbro figures of this guy on my desk at work for the longest time (along with Cody)....can't explain it, but this particular armor deco just looks cool to me.
    Same here, of all the prequel clone armor designs, that is the one I've bought the most of, and is indeed the only prequel clone stuff on my desk (2 of them posed next to Cody).

That said, I really doubt I'll drop $90+ on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    I like the phase 1 armor better, so I would like to see some of those, but more along the lines of Fordo and the Muunilist 10 Arc Troopers.
    Really, the sad-puppy armor? I really don't care for that armor design, obviously the helmet is the key to my issue there since it's essentially the same armor everywhere else.

Hopefully we won't be overwhelmed with clones like Hasbro.
    At these prices, that'd be what, 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    While I'm sick of the Clone Wars in cartoon and literature (Save for "Order 66" by Karen Travis), SideShow's Armor Obi-Wan and Ventress are now getting tempting for me. That Obi-Wan is a really good figure!
    Ventress is one of my favorites from Sideshow, great sabers and well-executed magnet gimmick on them, well-designed costume, and they integrated the saber-holsters.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.