Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast

So my wife, she is awesome, picked Jodo Kast up for me today at Kohls with a 30% off coupon. I liked this EU character from the Dark Horse cover when he and Fett are fighting together. I was really into Fett at the time...so the cover caught my intrest when I was younger....the storyline in the issue was pretty intresting. ANYWAYS, The figure is pretty true and a must for Dark Horse fans..Basicly another Mandalorian with different paint scheme, and the wookie braids are the ONLY let-down for me on this one. I wish they were real hair or something instead of just painted on over the shoulder. BUT seeing it brought back good memories of seeing that Star Wars issue on the newsstand when I was younger...so I am excited to see they made him. Another PLUS...the B-A-D figure in this wave is awesome! Perfect for anyone who loves good ol' IG-88. So i might have to pick up the rest of them to him.
    ...A Mysterious Bounty Hunter

Sorry this Jodo Kast figure could have been so much better, the paint looks cool on it, but how hard is it to use a SA Boba Fett and paint him with the same painting skills.

Nah this figure is a let down.

I took him out of package yesterday...I didnt realize he has a gun aim action when you push down on the jeckpack. (LAME) also his antenna thing folds down over the eye...HOWEVER it falls right out. This was a figure that was NEVER meant to be taken out of package I am guessing..I still like that they made him, only because of personal reasons, but it was done very cheap.

I remember first reading the name Jodo Kast during the old West End Games days of the Star Wars RPG. It was probably 1987 or 1988 that they released a Bespin adventure module that renamed all the ESB Bounty Hunters. Jodo Kast (ie: Boba Fett) seems to be the only one that was resurrected into modern EU.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

BB I think the reason he was released is becuase of the Twin Engines of Destruction comic, however I know what you are saying about hearing of him first in WEG (or should that be reading about him, and going up against - my Game Master always used to like to use him).

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    BB I think the reason he was released is becuase of the Twin Engines of Destruction comic, however I know what you are saying about hearing of him first in WEG (or should that be reading about him, and going up against - my Game Master always used to like to use him).
    Yeah, it was the comics that made him famous, but I didn't know how many people knew of the character's true origin.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by BaneMalar View Post
    I took him out of package yesterday...I didnt realize he has a gun aim action when you push down on the jeckpack. (LAME) also his antenna thing folds down over the eye...HOWEVER it falls right out. This was a figure that was NEVER meant to be taken out of package I am guessing..I still like that they made him, only because of personal reasons, but it was done very cheap.
    This isn't a new figure, it's just a repaint of the Saga Boba Fett with the jet pack flame accessory missing. It is disappointing that they repainted this figure but I can't believe people are surprised at how crappy the sculpt is.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I am confused...where is his origin written? I wasnt aware he was in any novels. I thought he was only a one-shot character in the Dark Horse comic.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneMalar View Post
    I am confused...where is his origin written? I wasnt aware he was in any novels. I thought he was only a one-shot character in the Dark Horse comic.
    Here is a list of his "appearances" according to the infallible source that is wookieepedia:

* A Hunter's Fate: Greedo's Tale (Mentioned only)
    * Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi (Unlockable character)
    * Side Trip (as impersonated by Thrawn)
    * Boba Fett: Twin Engines of Destruction
    * The Last One Standing: The Tale of Boba Fett (Mentioned only)
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Here is a list of his "appearances" according to the infallible source that is wookieepedia:

* A Hunter's Fate: Greedo's Tale (Mentioned only)
    * Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi (Unlockable character)
    * Side Trip (as impersonated by Thrawn)
    * Boba Fett: Twin Engines of Destruction
    * The Last One Standing: The Tale of Boba Fett (Mentioned only)
    Such that it is, leaves out most of the WEG material. Also in WotC Rebellion Era sourcebook. But since the idea is on where is origin is, the nod is to WEG.

And like I posted here in the review section, nice paint apps, lame features, ehh, figure.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)