Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Nhl 08-09

Cool Nhl 08-09

The season started already? And the Pens are leading the league! International starts to leagues are weird.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    The season started already? And the Pens are leading the league! International starts to leagues are weird.
    Not weird. Just stupid.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    And the Pens are leading the league!
    Not any more. They have the fewest points now and are in last.

I like the "goodwill" face that the NHL puts on for these games, but I despise the fact that the true intention is just Bettman's testing of the market to see if an expansion of the NHL to Europe be viable.

Whatevs. Its great to have hockey back. Between preseason and regular season games this weekend, I was able to catch five games (Wings/Leafs, Sens/Pens x2, Lightning/Rags x2). I'm very excited for Thursday's "official" start of the season.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I saw part of the Pens/Sens game on Vs. today and the arena was only half full!
    Hope the NHL was paying attention and cuts this nonsense out.

Start a f*cking European Hockey League if you want to expand and play a few exhibition games against each other.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Start a f*cking European Hockey League if you want to expand and play a few exhibition games against each other.
    That's a great idea.

Though their only affiliation with the NHL lies in their stealing of contracts.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Smart*ss.
    I meant a Euro League created/run by the NHL, rather than attempt to expand in other countries.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Smart*ss.
    I meant a Euro League created/run by the NHL, rather than attempt to expand in other countries.
    Like the WLONAIH? (World League of North American Ice Hockey).

But the Penguins can't be in last, as there are several teams yet to have a single point so far. If the playoffs started today ( ), they'd be the #3 seed in the East.

I agree, the NHL needs to stop experimenting with games held in Europe. Exhibition games are fine but a game that counts in the regular season is pushing it. Many Europeans follow the NHL due to the high percentage of Euro players in the league, and with the advent of technology, they can catch just about every game.

I appreciate the NHL reaching out and its goodwill gesture, but I don't like the idea.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Pens are hot (six in a row), but due to the Rangers having a better overall record, they're still only in 2nd in the Atlantic, 4th seed in the East.