Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Discovering newer shows

Well, as most of you know, I left for Afghanistan back in early March 2007 and returned back in late May 2008. I have missed quite a few newer shows, some of the bigger hits made it my way and I was able to download them on limewire (local network).

However, I missed a lot of cool new shows.

My wife got me up to speed on "Burn Notice" and of course I followed:

Terminator: TSCC
    Bionic Woman (canceled)
    Heroes
    Torchwood
    Dexter

However, there have been some good shows I missed and I am just now looking into:

Chuck
    Life
    Pushing Daisies
    Shark

My question is, what else have I missed?

Other shows, I'm just getting into:

Life on Mars (BBC looking into the new series haven't seen it yet)
    Eleventh Hour (BBC looking into the new series 9 Oct)
    Sanctuary

Am I missing anything worth while?
    May the force be with you.

Take a look at Worst Week. This week is its 3rd ep. I think that if you liked Arrested Development, then you'd like this. I think it's Monday's, CBS, after 2 Men and a Baby.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

watching tv pretty much sucks. i don't think i'm gonna miss it when mine goes black in february.

sorry, can't really help you on what might be watchable these days.

Take a look at Worst Week. This week is its 3rd ep. I think that if you liked Arrested Development, then you'd like this. I think it's Monday's, CBS, after 2 Men and a Baby.
    I was a huge fan of Arrested Development!
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22 View Post
    2 Men and a Baby.
    , Two and a Half Men.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Despite what I'm sure everyone thinks, I do try to watch TV.

The only newer shows I'm following are Pushing Daisies (easily the best show on TV currently, and nothing short of a masterpiece) and Jurassic Fight Club. I caught the first episode of Primeval on BBC America and really liked it (I'm a dinosaur nerd of sorts), but have missed every ep since. Hopefully they run a marathon soon. What am I saying? They're BBC America! Of course they'll run a marathon, just as soon as they're done rerunning the same three episodes of Kitchen Nightmares 10,000 times each.

(Speaking of which, I guess I forgot the American version of Kitchen Nightmares. Good show, though not nearly as good as the English version. Well, the English version the first time it's aired.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

For me I'd say Fringe is probably the most notable addition for this television season so far. Its like The X-Files meets LOST. Plus you can't beat crazy Walter. He alone is enough reason to watch the show.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Despite what I'm sure everyone thinks, I do try to watch TV.

The only newer shows I'm following are Pushing Daisies (easily the best show on TV currently, and nothing short of a masterpiece) and Jurassic Fight Club. I caught the first episode of Primeval on BBC America and really liked it (I'm a dinosaur nerd of sorts), but have missed every ep since. Hopefully they run a marathon soon. What am I saying? They're BBC America! Of course they'll run a marathon, just as soon as they're done rerunning the same three episodes of Kitchen Nightmares 10,000 times each.

(Speaking of which, I guess I forgot the American version of Kitchen Nightmares. Good show, though not nearly as good as the English version. Well, the English version the first time it's aired.)

Primeval is a great show, I have watched all the episodes. You should catch it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

While not a new show last year I got into the show Bones (currently in its forth season). I also like How I Met Your Mother (season 4 as well), and Chuck (season 2).

As for brand new shows, I'm loving Fringe and True Blood.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."