Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exactly how much money does T Boone Pickens have for ads?

Honestly. I know this could get into RP territory if we start discussing specifics of his plan, but I see dozens of ads from him daily on various channels.

I have to wonder why he didn't just go and find the oil and build a few million windmills himself, since he obviously has more money than Bill Gates can dream of.

I'm not dissing the guy, but he must be spending an insane amount of money on these ads.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think he honestly wants to do these things he's talking about, but from what I hear is waiting for the laws to be changed or tax credits which I believe have expired and not renewed particularly for alternative energy to be changed to make it profitable.

I was curious about that too, seeing his ad immediately after the debate ended.
    I really should be working. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'm not dissing the guy, but he must be spending an insane amount of money on these ads.
    With three billion bucks in his pocket, he's able to buy a minute or two:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._Boone_Pickens

¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Awesome, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Awesome, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
    Turn on the TV grandma... the guy has commercials running all the time.

Pickens is an immensely rich Texan, with a huge financial stake in the development of natural gas as a vehicle fuel source, and wind farming as a source of power for homes.

Love him or hate him (or simply doubt his motives), you've still gotta give him credit for making an effort to shift our national focus toward petroleum alternatives.

His involvement with the Swift Vets and POWs for Truth makes me lean toward thinking he's a bit of a scum-bag really.

Are you kidding? Any time I'm not working or out, the TV is going. And none of this has come up on anything I watch that I take notice of.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If you want to make the 100 miles trip north to my house, JT, you're more than welcomed to sit on my couch and catch ol' T. Boone. He's on every other commercial here. Yeah, we're a big oil producer up here, and have a bunch of wind farms, too, but last I looked, LA had a well or two in the area as well. You'd think Mr. Pickens would target Angelinos as well as us rednecks.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I dunno if it's because I technically get the channels in the Palm Springs market, or I watch more news than you, but I'm bombarded by these ads, JT. Sometimes six or seven in an hour. I'm not questioning his plan, which sounds pretty solid from what I've heard (I've not read it, and only know it from the stuff in his commercials), but, rich or not, he's spent more money than the GNP of China on them.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Are you kidding?
    Yes... and you know it.

His commercials seem to be placed (pretty smartly) after debates or other related TV events. If I had to think about it... I think I've seen them mostly on MSNBC.

I'm about ready to stick one of those windmills in my back yard (if I can build one from old board games and action figures), so whatever he's trying to sell, I suppose I'm buying it.