Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    AWESOME!

It looks like he comes with the 2004 dais, which is fine by me. TC-70 looks great too.
    The 2004 one didn't come with a dais, just the same railing with the bowl and pipe. I don't see a dais in this picture either.

Yup, definitely getting Jabba as he look really cool!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    The 2004 one didn't come with a dais, just the same railing with the bowl and pipe. I don't see a dais in this picture either.
    Oops, yeah, I meant the pipe/rail thing.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Double post and so on.

The main page has a boxed picture of this set (as well as the Yavin one). Jabba's paint looks poorly done and TC-70 is pretty much just the wrong colors. Still, overall, it looks pretty good.

In the other set, Garven Dreis comes with Luke's lightsaber. Sheesh.

I like the Yavin pack better. Too bad Hasbro just resculpted Jabba's head and stuck it on the old body. The two parts seem incongruous when slapped together like that. Ziro will probably be just a repaint of this Hutt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    I like the Yavin pack better. Too bad Hasbro just resculpted Jabba's head and stuck it on the old body. The two parts seem incongruous when slapped together like that. Ziro will probably be just a repaint of this Hutt.
    Jabba is a completely new sculpt. You can see the 2004 one here and realize they aren't the same. The incongruity is due to the crap paint job, as they seemed to paint him to look better facing forward (a la TPM and ANH), though they should have done it so as to look better in his reclining position (a la ROTJ). While he was seen in both positions in TCW, I would rather they did the reclining one, since he was seen like that more often.

If they do make Ziro, I don't think they'd cheap out that much by repainting Jabba. His face is totally different.

Alright, I see the difference now. From the way the torso is positioned on the body in those pics, it looked like they just put a new head on the old tail. The link Battle Droid posted with the pics from Jedi Insider make the pack look a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    Alright, I see the difference now. From the way the torso is positioned on the body in those pics, it looked like they just put a new head on the old tail. The link Battle Droid posted with the pics from Jedi Insider make the pack look a lot better.
    Studio shots making the product look better than it actually is? Why, I never!

Is it me or does Ziro's voice sound kind of like the big cat's henchman cat (the bum looking one) on rescue rangers?

I like this figure and will be purchasing one. The last star wars purchase I made was just a few days ago. I bought a clone wars count dooku for $4.99 at K-Mart. The figures were on sale...not a bad price! I love the yavin pack as well, but I hope they get rid of that stupid lightsaber for garven. Jeez.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I found it today at Target. I have not opened it yet, but it seems to be a great set.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed