Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I meant to post this last night. you ARE thinking this is yesterday evening :jedihandwave:

A Capitol (Capital?) Fourth, the PBS singing, honoring, showing, fireworksing event for its 30th Anniversary. Is there anything that didn't start in 1980?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Jeopardy!, where the correct one was "Who is Vlad the Impaler?"
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

...old Rod Serling Night Gallery episodes on Retro TV.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

A bad word chanted by the home fans made it past the ABC college football censors in the Oregon/Stanford game. Twice.

The question on a Jeopardy! clue was "What is rancor?" And the clue was something like "This term was the same name as a monster kept under the palace of Jabba the Hutt and defeated by Luke." Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    The question on a Jeopardy! clue was "What is rancor?" And the clue was something like "This term was the same name as a monster kept under the palace of Jabba the Hutt and defeated by Luke." Nice!
    Saw it. The best part of the episode was when the one contestant blurted out "What is Mexico?" to a clue when the category specifically mentioned that they all dealt with Asian countries.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Wait, isn't Mexico in northern Asia?

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Wait, isn't Mexico in northern Asia?
    It be amusing if it was. Everyday on the news we'd hear about how illegal immigrants from Mexico are crossing the Chinese border and stealing US outsourced jobs from the hard working Chinese workers.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection