Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Another great sports documentary, The Announcement, about Magic Johnson's revelation of his HIV status and the twenty years since.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Local coverage of fans celebrating the LA Kings' first-ever Stanley Cup.

Hatfields & McCoys. Finally made the time to watch it. Boy, I watched about 5 hours of it before I had to break. Very well done.

WKRP in Cincinnati. One of the retro TV cable channels shows reruns, and I've recorded a few. Forgot how funny this show actually was.

Storage Wars. Okay, it's a guilty pleasure. And I have to admit: My dad and I went to a local storage unit auction to see what it was really like. There was a Brandi and Jarred type, a Dave type, a Darryl type, but no Barry. Could've bought a unit for $10.

If I had posted this yesterday evening, it would've mentioned John Williams conducting on PBS' A Capitol Fourth. Now, the TV is off.

I enjoy watching the Boston Pops concert every year, but dammit, CBS always cuts in at the end of the 1812 Overture. What's the use of watching after that?

The last couple years, the PBS A Capitol Fourth show began at 8pm; this year? 7pm here, so I missed the first 20-some minutes. But they re-run it right after, so I DVR it. The NBC Macy's one starts at 9pm, so I can see some of that one, but it's the same time as CBS's Boston show. I prefer the PBS one to the other three; less currently big-name acts (this year: Kool & the Gang, Matthew Broderick & Kelli O'Hara, plus some other names I hadn't heard of from Glee and The Voice) than Katie Perry (okay, I watched that part of it ) or Kenny Chesney.

MLB Home Run Derby *yawn*

It would be much more interesting if someone like Randy Johnson were pitching........
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Nothing.

My TV is off.
    Tommy, close your eyes.