Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Perhaps he's trying to sarcastically say, "Yeah, you Dish subscribers are screwed because Dish is replacing AMC with garbage"?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

DVR'd episodes of How the States Got Their Shapes, with Civil War re-enactors. (is Tycho there?)
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Here's a scan of an ad in this week's newspaper, about the recent Dish dropping of channels AMC, IFC, and WE. If the picture doesn't load, if offers "some perfectly good shows you can watch now" that are comparable, in their views.

Instead of:
    Breaking Bad ... they recommend Tia & Tamera
    Mad Men ... it's Bikini Barbershop: Jersey
    The Walking Dead ... try Big Rich Texas.

Really? REALLY?!? Has the word comparable been replaced by Bizaaro Dictionary?
    Wow, basically what this ad is saying it, "Not only are we going to drop the network with all your favorite shows, but we're going to insult your intelligence as well."
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

It's not an ad, and the fact that it's satirical becomes obvious upon reading the entire thing.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    DVR'd episodes of How the States Got Their Shapes, with Civil War re-enactors. (is Tycho there?)
    That series is decent, they go a bit over the top at times and sort of present information that isn't really correct...but at least it gets people thinking about History and Geography.

"Present information that isn't really correct"? Isn't that the modus operandi of the History Channel?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

"Ancient Aliens" isn't true??!!!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Currently watching the "Face Off" marathon on SyFy. I really started to get into this show and I love how it focuses primarily on the contestants' talent, skill set and creativity, while downplaying any interpersonal drama between them.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

TI, Ancient Aliens is absolutely tru...ly hysterical.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    "Present information that isn't really correct"? Isn't that the modus operandi of the History Channel?
    I thought showing bad reality shows is their MO.