Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Iron Man 2 casting news! New War Machine?!?!

The screenplay is still being written, but Hollywood reporter is.........reporting that Howard is out as he wants too much money and he's been replaced with Don Cheadle. source.

I don't know how I feel about this. I like Howard and Cheadle, they're both great actors, but recasting in a franchise just irritates me. We'll see if this is legit and if it happens.

oh, and i'll edit the title of the thread when we get trailers and stuff.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I'm highly skeptical. I believe they went the typical Hollywood route and signed the main cast to a three picture deal.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    I'm highly skeptical. I believe they went the typical Hollywood route and signed the main cast to a three picture deal.
    True, same with director Jon Favreau, but since the first one made so much $$$, Jon wanted more $$ and Marvel low balled him for a bit before coming to their senses. They probably did the same with Howard although I did hear his asking price is pretty ridiculous.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

All the movie sites seem to be running with it.
    I still want to chalk it up to rumor since, even though I don't like Terrence Howard, I hate when they recast like this (Rachel Dawes in The Dark Knight being the exception).
    DOMINATE!

Don Cheadle would be a very small Rhodey.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Don Cheadle would be a very small Rhodey.
    That's what I felt, small in stature and in personality, it wouldn't be a good fit, and he seems like the wrong age.

I think Don's a very good actor, but this isn't the part for him. Also, I can't imagine a rather big name movie star wanting LESS money here.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Terrence Howard: WTF?

Last week it was reported that Don Cheadle had been signed to replace Terence Howard in Iron Man 2. Initial speculation was that Marvel had a falling out with the actor over salary requirements. When asked about the announcement on NPR, Howard explains his confusion over the entire situation.

“Yeah, I found that out, too,” said Howard. “It was the surprise of a lifetime. There was no explanation. Just…up and vanished. I read something in the trades implicating that it was about money or something. But apparently the contracts that we write and sign aren’t worth the paper that they’re printed on, sometimes. Promises aren’t kept, and good faith negotiations aren’t always held up. Even friendships, people you support…”
    DOMINATE!

If I were his agent, I'd be super mad. I wonder what the real story here is, I guarantee we're not hearing it from either side.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's pretty crazy... I thought he was a good casting choice for Iron Man. I like Don Cheadle too much to complain though.
    I'm...Darth...Nihilus.

Iron Man 2 casting info!

SHH is reporting that Mickey Rourke and Sam Rockwell are in talks for IM2!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ir...ws.php?id=7965

thoughts?