Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuck

Chuck

Okay, sometimes I miss out on something really good and have to play catch up.

Chuck is one such show.

I know a lot of folks around here have been fans for a while. I just bought season 1 on DVD and recorded last weeks and this weeks episodes.

I really love this show, it helps that I am a fan of Adam Baldwin, sure his characters always seem to be cut from the same cloth, but he is very entertaining.

Anyway, the show is incredible and I hope to see it stay around for some time to come. Besides the blonde is SMOKIN' hot.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Anyway, the show is incredible and I hope to see it stay around for some time to come. Besides the blonde is SMOKIN' hot.
    True enough, I burnt my eyes the other day when she was getting ready for her big date (think black lace) with Chuck.

I agree Baldwin is great to watch, his dry sense of humour always cracks me up & you never know if he's good or bad.

Great show that's on before Heroes along with My Own Worst Enemy. I record one & watch the other later.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

I've been a Chuck fan since about December. It has a nice mix of comedy, drama and spy stuff thrown together. Plus as already noted Yvonne S (blanking on the last name) is...... WOW!!!!!!

While I watch/record a few others How I Met Your Mother and The Office its Chuck and Bones that I'm most excited about.

I starting watching Chuck because I was waiting for Heroes and didn't care for the other choices at 8:00.
    I love this show. A lot of fun with great characters.
    My only complaint is that the Sarah/Chuck relationship drama already feels old.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Yes, great show. I've been watching it from the beginning. Chuck seems like a cool guy, Sarah is kick *** and beautiful, and Casey is funny in his own special way. Adam Baldwin was pretty good on Firefly too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Adam Baldwin was pretty good on Firefly too.
    That's like saying Harrison Ford was decent as Indiana Jones.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    That's like saying Harrison Ford was decent as Indiana Jones.
    But I'm the kind of guy that likes to come in from the pouring rain and say, "it's a bit damp out there."

This show has been the most consistently entertaining show of the past two seasons. It's always been an hour well spent. The characters are all likable, and you can tell the cast has a lot of fun doing what they're doing.

Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, and Adam Baldwin each can singlehandedly make that show fun and entertaining, and with those three together everything is far more than simply three times as good. I know Baldwin from Firefly and Angel (and to a lesser extent Full Metal Jacket), and I've been a fan. Levi and Strahovski I know nothing about before Chuck, but he's hilarious and she is formidably stunning. In the last episode, when Larroquette's character asked Chuck what he would do if he needed to seduce a woman, and he started acting silly (". . . maybe get the guns going . . ."), the smile on her face was just too cute. The actress can really make you believe she feels what the character feels. The look her character gave Chuck in the season premier at the Chinese restaurant when she had the little bit of noodle hanging out of her mouth . . . people just don't look at people like that enough.

The supporting cast is hilarious too. The Buy More staff always gets a laugh out of me. Even some of the one-shot and recurring characters are great. I credit this show with making me really notice Rachel Bilson for the first time. She was adorable as Lou, the sandwich maker. I love a good Reuben, and I'd be in her sandwich shop every day for the opportunity to kill myself slowly with cholesterol.

If anyone reading this even kind of likes to laugh, this show is great.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I need to get back into Chuck. I did enjoy it last season but then I'd be recording 5 shows on one night.

It's a fun show, but does feel like they need to expand the concept a little, it gets repetitive. Chuck and Sarah stuff is too soap opera-y.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.