Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Terminator Toys - Playmates

With The Future Wars being set to be explored by Terminator 4, 5, & 6 films with Christian Bale as John Connor, I think we can expect a lively toy franchise that's more detailed than any previous Terminator toy line.

SkyNet will be in full operation and in addition to different Terminators of varying degrees of battle damage and Cyborg enhancement (human skin), there will by flying and rolling Hunter-Killer craft.

The human resistance fighters will have battle-damaged, world-weary pick-up trucks and military or construction vehicles of various nature, with added weaponry put on (probably missile firing toys).

I wonder what company (Hasbro?) will pick up the license for the basic line?

I think it could be really cool. "Terminator" is one property that I think is near and dear to me as a favorite, along the lines of Star Wars, Star Trek, and Transformers - the only other toylines I purchase from.

A Terminator collection will not likely be resisted by me, in most cases. With The Future Wars, I may attempt some modest dioramas with several SkyNet attack vehicles and 5 or so Endoskeleton Terminators, versus Resistance fighter figures, etc.

But while I don't know who will take the license, since it will involve these futuristic, more "toy inspirational" pieces in the collection, I think Terminator toys are a very real possibility we'll be looking at soon - and in a wonderful collection, much better than the superhero stuff that comes out to promo a lot of other movies as of late.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Terminator is something I really like collecting.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I wonder how massive a toy line an r-rated franchise would generate.

Hmmm. Good question. But RoboCop had toys, as did Aliens, amongst other R-rated franchises.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Playmates toys has the toy license for the new terminator movies. See below link.

http://www.licensemag.com/licensemag...34/article.pdf

Also, it has been announced that the Terminator movies will be PG-13 rather than R.

Terminator 4 toys would require a Terminator 4 movie, which, in turn, would require a Terminator 3 movie.

Given that there are only two Terminator movies, that's not bloody likely.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Terminator 3 was a fantastic film, I will not have it maligned!
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I liked Terminator 3 myself. Got a problem with that? Talk to the hand!

I went to see T3 in order to heckle it. I came out impressed. It was far better than my expectations.

Whatever happened to that hot Terminator chic in T3 ?
    Did she do any other movies after T3 !